LATIMES : Britney can't come close to matching Beyoncé’s fire at MTV VMA's

TeaWaiter

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My issue with Brit's performance, was the song choice. I know MM is the lead single and all, but it was a terrible choice after not performing on the VMA's stage after nearly a decade. I would have loved to see her perform Slumber Party. All in all, she should have performed an uptempo banger.

As for the criticism, well, Britney has the most iconic VMA performances for a female just after Madonna. The last to put on an iconic performance was Miley Cyrus. Beyonce's performance will be forgotten by this week, just like every other performance of hers.

I'm getting so sick and tired of people kissing Beyonkas fake bleached *** :grimace:

The fact that Britney slayed on the stage that almost destroyed her 9 years is by itself more incredible than anything Beyonka could have done last night :bsass: The only thing special about Beyonkas performance is the overkill with Production, that's it. I'll take Britney's simplistic performance over any overrated Beyonka performance :CPKney:

1 hour ago, Alejo. said:

It's not a total lie tho :otears:

Yes it is. Britney performing work ***** would have been more entertaining than beyonces entire performance 

32 minutes ago, Summer-Son said:

oh god... still haven't learned English, have you?

btw, is it #1 yet?

Chain smokers are number one but Britney is still slaying

I do agree it was pretty shitty of MTV to put Britney after Beyonce, I mean they let Beyonce perform for 15 minutes!!!! And Britney had a 4 minute performance, of course in comparison Britney's performance will seem weaker, it's a 3rd less long. And I'm not trying to bash her, but why does every article have to point out that Britney lip synced, but have no mention that most of Beyonce's performance was lipped too!!! Double standard. Beyonce's performance was good. Britney's performance was good. Rihanna's performance was good. They all have something different to offer, why does everyone constantly have to compare them. Britney and Beyonce have always been friendly and supported each other as I know. Why don't any of these people mention Beyonce went to Britney's show a couple months ago! Obviously Beyonce like Britney and thinks she's talented, so all these "critics" need to just shut up, they're just click-baiting and trying to get the B-army and beyhive worked up because they know these are two artists with ride or die fan bases who will defend them. 

And IF Britney wants to compete with the Beyonce's, Rihanna's, Adele's, etc of today (which I really don't think she cares to) she HAS to start singing at least SOMEWHAT live, literally every pop star sings at least a little bit live now no matter how bad they sound. I mean Taylor Swift never sounds all that good live but she at least tries. Same with Selena, katy perry, and Rihanna. I think if Britney would have lip-synced every but actually sang the first part of Make Me live, or just the Me, Myself, & I part live she would have gotten a lot more respect. I don't think anyone expects Britney to be 100% live, but she could come in and out like most people do. The game has just changed, most of today's popstars are NOT good dancers like Britney is and especially was back in the day, and a lot of them aren't even really good singers either, but when they perform they DO sing live. 

At the end of the day, Britney has that fire and spark back and her fans loved her performance and her new album, I think that's all Britney cares about.

Archived