Why is Britney considered a legend?

Crayboy

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JustLuvMe85 said:

Are you serious?:sofedup: The real question is why you're even friends with nasty behives:mhmsureny::grimace:

It's not like they're paychotic like 99% of her fans

theybjust prefer beyonce over Britney when they said she wasn't a legend I was like what? 

1 minute ago, Crayboy said:

theybjust prefer beyonce over Britney when they said she wasn't a legend I was like what? 

well its their preference, to their mind only, but its different with britney, britney is seen as legend whether people like it or not. i wish u stood up for our queen, but u just kept quiet? not telling them all receipts that show britney indeed living legend? :cigney:

Guest StrawberryKisses

Because there was no other before Britney. No other teen pop idol who could DANCE and SING. She was blonde, beautiful and well-mannered. Baby One More Time revived teen pop! Little girls loved her... doubt little girls loved Beyonce when she first came out.

There's somethin' bout her bout her :feelingmyself:

15 minutes ago, ViciousVixen said:

Britney became a star in her owwn right. She pushed through, and her little southern family, who had NO IDEA about the business, just hopped on her bandwagon, whilst Beyonce used her family and Destiny's Child for security until she gained enough confidence to go solo. She even had to rely on a rapper(mogul) To help further her career. Britney became a legend all on her own, with no ties to the industry, no famous family, no mogul husband ( shade to Beyonce and Mariah)

:idkney: i never thought about that before wow what a queen 

Just now, reoha098 said:

well its their preference, to their mind only, but its different with britney, britney is seen as legend whether people like it or not. i wish u stood up for our queen, but u just kept quiet? not telling them all receipts that show britney indeed living legend? :cigney:

I did two against one isnt fair :( 

gimme the reciepts, like I honestly dont know what is considered a legend

I mean no offence to Beyonce but she only blew up recently like 7 years ago

single ladies run the world and drunk in live are the only really iconic thing she has i honestly dont get the craze

Both will be remembered.But cmon,Britneys music will be played/remembered forever. beyonce wishes,i mean wtf? Which beyonce songs could be remembered in the next decades? Maybe Single ladies or ceazy love.I dont know other iconic songs of hers. That says much :) And for me britney is bigger..even if she isnt as big as her nowadays..britneys impact is huge..And wtf why are u here if u cant defend the queen?

ps: Beyonces music is so boring and rachet.So..does that make her a legend?Also im having a hard time finding an iconic mv of hers..:cigney:Sure she is the best performer out there right now..but...smth is missing xoxo

4 minutes ago, Crayboy said:

I don't care about your nasty friends and Bleach isn't even a legend. But if you are a fan, you should know why Britney ******* Spears is a legend.:ririshade1:

27 minutes ago, Crayboy said:

NOT a negative thread. So I was having a discussion with my friends who are huge Beyonce fans. They kept telling me how she is a legend and that Britney never will nor has been a legend.

that got me to thinking, what is considered a legend? why is Britney in particular considered one? Is she more of a legend than for example Beyonce?

school me

trust me they know but they trying to bring her down so they can feel good about shityonce :donewithit: 

First of all you need to realize that it is hard to convince Beyonce stans of anything.

Here are the facts:

Britney has achieved Diamond sales...Beyonce hasn't.

Britney's performance resume is more iconic than Beyonce's. Britney's performances have achieved world-wide recognition, not just US recognition (oh and she achieved it without the benefit of social media or by announcing a pregnancy to the world).

Britney has never opened for a Beyonce concert. Beyonce did for Britney.

Britney has never narrated for a Beyonce TV speacial. Beyonce did for Britney.

Britney was the most photographed woman in the world at one point. When will Beyonce?

Britney has always been a solo act, achieving all her success on her own. Beyonce had Destiny's Child, her Mogul/Rapper husband Jay-Z and her Manager Father (who is also on the Grammy's Committee btw).

Britney's 2007 breakdown and 2008 Circus comeback alone has more legend/ icon status in it's bald little pinky than just about anybody in music, let alone Beyonce and the fact that she is still able to crack the Billboard Hot 100 top 20 in 2016 with ZERO promo...makes her a ******* legend.

Edit: Oh yeah and 6 number 1 Albums...they (the Beyonce stans) should be able to respect that, if nothing else, seeing as their Queen has the same amount.

Edit: Britney has collaborated/ performed with 2 ******* legends of pop (MJ and Madge). When will Beyonce?

I've thought a lot about this and I am adamant that Britney is a legend. In my opinion, there are 3 standard paths that help cement a person's status as a legend.

1. Extreme talent, which Britney demonstrated for years with dancing that easily put her in the same category as Janet, Michael and Madonna in terms of pop singers who are truly great dancers. No one since her has even tried. She's absolutely iconic for dance.

2. Extreme popularity, which she achieved by being, I think, the biggest artist in the industry for years. This is evidenced in a really special way by how beloved she is by a lot of newer artists like Lana and Marina and Charli.

3. Iconically disastrous personal life or premature death (i.e. James Dean)...from the VMAs 'Gimme More' performance to Osama Bin Lufti to years of being the most-searched woman on the internet, most harassed by paparazzi and so on....

I believe she truly became a legend with 'Blackout' and what amazes me is that the album said so itself. She was an intensely bright star and the whole world was watching through the years either in admiration, concern, disgust....I think people wouldn't argue her being a legend if she'd died during the breakdown, but I think some do now over being pressed with misogyny, musical snobbery, judgement of mental illness, being hung up over lip syncing, etc. But I think people who claim she isn't a legend are just foolish. She is the ONLY artist since Madonna, the most successful female musician of all time, that made the world ask, "is this the next generation's Madonna?" Additionally, I think she's this generation's version of Marilyn or Diana in terms of a figure the media was obsessed with and at times obsessed with the destruction of. She's one of the most famous women in the world and she didn't get there for nothing. 

About Brit, there are so many reasons she's a legend :saycheese:

1) She's the most successful teen artist ever, she sold 30 million with BOMT :cutebrit:

2) She's had 6 #1 albums throughout her career and thus far, she's never left the top 5 :tehe:

3) She's had at least one #1 single on the first 3 decades of her career, which is kind of amazing and really unique, not many manage to do that (90s was BOMT, 00s was Womanizer and 3, 10s was HIAM) :thirsty:

By the way, Beyonce hasn't had one since Single Ladies back in 08 :britdrown:

4) Her VMA performances are too iconic, I mean no one can doubt that :makesomenoise:

5) She has her own Vegas Residency show, that's pretty huge and it's considered the best show on Vegas ;)

6) Grammy winner (just putting this out there for Katy Perry fans) :mcwave:

7) Talent :sippinga: (tell them to either watch her early live performances or the carpool)

8) She dances like it's nobody's business, MJ once said no one can dance as good as Britney :bparty:

9) She managed to come back from her meltdown and in the same time, release her best album :lollistare:

10) The Queen of Pop, Madonna knows it really well that Brit is the next Queen and isn't afraid to say it :werk:
11) She never needed a group to sell albums that way, she's been solo all the damn way, baby :orangu:

12) The definition of pop star, she's done everything first, an influence for all rising pop-stars :gelis:

13) Her life is becoming a Lifetime biopic :walkonby:

I know this sounds weak, but before her were Whitney and Elizabeth Taylor, pretty legendary to me :smokney2:

14) It's Britney, ***** :carpoolney:

If they still don't agree start singing My Prerogative for them and make an impressive exit in your search for new friends :icant1:

Archived