Some tips for streaming

blue.monopoly

Do: Make Playlists

On Spotify. On Apple Music. On Youtube.

It makes everything easier. Nobody's got the time to click and hit replay after each song.

If you're just going to focus on one song the shortest on the album is Coupure Électrique it will rack up the number of streams quicker than doing the entire album. But break it up. Don't just do a playlist with a 1000 Coupure Electrique's on it.

Good

In between every 3 songs add in a short interlude so your streams will count and for efficiency. For example Eminem's Paul Skit is 19 second long. Other artists have similar 30 sec, 40 second interludes you can add in.

D72aBwB1.png

Bad

ja5U2kJm.png

Check back every once in a while to make sure your playlist is running. It will freeze. Especially on FREE Spotify it will freeze on the commercials at times. So you'll think your playlist is running but it's not. Make sure the green scroll lever is going. Every once in a while close and reboot Spotify.

Do: Sign up for Apple Music

If you're streaming on Spotify you might as well stream on Apple Music. You can stream spotify and apple music at the same time - it works. Or you can use a different device for each.

You can sign up for a FREE trial of Apple Music if you have an Itunes account. Just make sure to change location to US along with VPN for those living outside of the US.

This is what it should look like and there is a difference between listening on Apple Music and listening on your itunes which wont count streams.

1gqn8pXA.jpg

Important. If you sign up you have to turn off Automatic Renewal on your subscription or else they will start charging your credit card automatically after you trial run ends.

Go to Account ---> View My Account -->  Account Information page --->> scroll down to Settings in that section you should see Subscriptions then hit manage and uncheck the automatic renewal.

GrS71zsu.png

Do: Stream Make Me audio and/or music video on Youtube

If you're already going through all of the trouble of streaming the album you might as well help the single re-peak. Yes you can do all 3 Spotify, Apple Music and Youtube at the same time. Or on different devices if you prefer.

With Make Me getting a boost in promo and sales this weekend! The added views to the audio and or video can help it land on a higher position on the hot 100 which might convince radio to play it until RCA decides if its going to let it die, do payola, or release the second single.

Create a playlist on youtube same as on spotify:

1. Make Me (audio) from her BritneySpearsVevo account

2. stick in a 10-15 second video of something random. tons of videos on youtube just search for them.

3. Make Me (audio) or the music video instead if you're feeling generous. :lanacackle:

another random short video.

repeat

The youtube playlists freeze up as well at times. The player's screen will go black if it's stuck. You'll still hear the audio so check back. Close window, restart to get it going again.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Perfection said:

Wait streaming one song over and over counts towards the album?

what if you only stream the standard version songs over and over. Would that be more efficient...?

Yes streaming one song from the album will count. 1500  streams = one album. It might actually be more efficient to do it that way. But I can see why people might want to do the entire album instead since it's more pleasurable for fans. Whatever way you want to do it. The entire album or just one song, a playlist of just a few songs. Just stream stream stream.

3 minutes ago, blue.monopoly said:

Yes streaming one song from the album will count. 1500  streams = one album. It might actually be more efficient to do it that way. But I can see why people might want to do the entire album instead since it's more pleasurable for fans. Whatever way you want to do it. The entire album or just one song, a playlist of just a few songs. Just stream stream stream.

How do I know on Apple Music if it's streaming or not? Cuz I bought the album on iTunes. How can you tell...?

41 minutes ago, Perfection said:

I need more help with this streaming thing. I'm pretty sure the Apple Music isn't streaming. I wanna use Spotify so I added a couple glory songs to the playlist, but the playlist keeps playing OLD Britney songs?

so confused. I'm too old for this stuff lol. 

It might be too much to get people into making playlists if they're new to using Apple Music, you're right.

Probably the easiest way would be to open it up and scroll down until you see TOP ALBUMS. Then you'll see Glory on the numbered list.

Left click the little grey circle with three black dots in it.

Then click Play Next or Add Up to Next a bunch of times to keep it on loop. On the top right there should be a little blue box with lines it. You can click that and it will tell you how many number of songs you have lined up. It should be all songs from the album looped over and over again.

p9BeyBhl.jpg

Archived