Y'all need to RELAX with these Reviews

KristenWiig

To all you drama queens, chill out. Glory may be debatably her best album, but it's FAR from a perfect record. Critics are critics for a reason. I guarantee you many of them (not all) have a better resume of professionally reviewing and distinguishing music than you ever will. Still, they are entitled to their own opinions.

A low review should have no effect on you. If you love the album then you love it. Some members here are getting way too butt-hurt. You're easily swayed and you're showing a huge lack of self esteem. 

Just enjoy Glory for what you make of it and quit worrying about what other people think. That's just a good lesson in life. 

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I agree 100% that reviews shouldn't sway anyone. Plus, Britney is only ever a true critical darling in retrospect (ITZ, Blackout).

BUUT, I'm gonna disagree on critics having a particular edge on us 'regular' music fans. Modern reviews have taken a severe dive in quality as major publications cut staff...the NYTs article being little more than pseudo-political clickbait is an example of that. These people are hardly untouchable music opinion gods. 

To all you drama queens, chill out. Glory may be debatably her best album, but it's FAR from a perfect record. Critics are critics for a reason. I guarantee you many of them (not all) have a better resume of professionally reviewing and distinguishing music than you ever will. Still, they are entitled to their own opinions.

A low review should have no effect on you. If you love the album then you love it. Some members here are getting way too butt-hurt. You're easily swayed and you're showing a huge lack of self esteem. 

Just enjoy Glory for what you make of it and quit worrying about what other people think. That's just a good lesson in life. 

I KNOWW RIGHT?? photo-62166.gif

• Super Mods

Oh come on. Did you read the review? I would agree if they talked about her music, her vocal, but about not personal enough? It is ridiculous you know.

Exactly. I thought it was ridiculous they bring in her image like she's going through a midlife crisis trying to fit in the new generation. Where in the hell did they get that just base on her music? And the fact they don't take her seriously enough because she doesn't use her music as a soapbox.

Archived