- She's looking GREAT and alive

- VMA performance

- Vegas slayage

- Billboard Music Awards

- Perfect album opener

- Great first single

- Apple Music Festival 

- Promo

The reality is that our girl is at the twilight of her years as a contemporary, mainstream artist. We will get fantastic appearances here and there, some good residencies but we will never live this again. Soak it up. Make it count. Buy Glory proudly on Friday. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Basquiat

OK way to be a depressing **** in such a exciting time....you have no evidence to suggest that she won't do this again. Not cool :xcuseme:

Just review the careers of other pop icons... Mariah, Madonna, Tina, Cher, Whitney, etc

Oh and Kylie and Janet

Just review the careers of other pop icons... Mariah, Madonna, Tina, Cher, Whitney, etc

First off, Madonna still going, second. Britney's kids are getting older. You think they will always want to be with her? She will keep busy aka her JOB. Britney is not 40 yet :gtfo: so nahhhhhh

Guest Basquiat

I get your point but I actually feel this is the beginning of a new chapter (not era) not just professionally also personally. You can tell she's the happiest she's been in years. 

I can actually see a couple more albums before she turns 40. Maybe 3 :bop: whatever as long as she's happy. 

We'll get albums but she won't be getting top 40 airplay or invited to perform at the VMAs. Sorry guys, its just the truth.

As the kids get older she will fill her time with her career. Mariah, Madonna, Celine...still going! Why wouldn't Brit? We know she gets bored, we know after a while she asks her management to work, even on vacation! She's recently said this. FS stop being so damn negative. Someday yes, she will retire, but I doubt she will ever stop making music. 

Guest Basquiat

She's known by some relatively young people only because the likes of Justin and Selena have cited her as an influence. The new batch of teens (the age of Britney's kids) won't know about her aside from the random cover songs, tributes that we will see/ hear. 

I do agree... back during the Britney Jean era I kept thinking about how much I took the Circus era for granted.  I was even overly critical of the Circus era... I'm taking everything in this time and have no complaints... except we don't have an iconic video yet for this era (Private Show commercial doesn't count)  

But yes - I am very thankful for this era.  I just hope VMA doesn't fall between her best and her worst.  It literally needs to either be VERY VERY different and/or shocking... or a return to true form.  The latter I really don't think will happen.  She's at a peak right now and it's still a fraction of what she used to be.  So i'm hoping for some sort of special performance.  Literally I would die if the show opened on her sitting in a chair with a guitarist and she actually sang something live.

Archived