2007 reminiscing & thoughts

TikTikBish

I've been hyped by glory for the past couple of days and read a Billboard's post about Glory which repeated about the 'comeback' phrase and talked about 2007 and Britney's timeline.

I started watching some videos from 2007 and of course the VMA's performance and I just can believe Glory is real! :sickofu:

I mean those paparazzi vids of Britney trying to find the restroom at a small store with 10 paparazzis all over her, wearing wigs, britishing, going out with this forgotten Adnan, the saddest ever vid of her sitting crying with her puppy and those ppl asking "are you ok? wanna call Adnan? Sam?" like a pack of wolves/an animal in the zoo... :wontcry: It's impossible as human being to think someone could survive this... and seeing the VMA - it's like she's there, dancing, going side to side, making the moves but her soul isn't, I just can't believe she's come so far and will actually get up on this tainted stage. so brave no mattar what she'll deliver. :britstare:

And about Glory - I just can't wait for the whole world to hear it. I can't think of some review who won't praise the album. Anyone can find their song in this masterpiece, so many vibes & rhythms. :kisses2all:

Just briefly looking at her "breakdown" moments on youtube, let alone think about living like that 24/7 - it's so surreal that she can deliver this versatile & unique album!

Britney is here to stay. :)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just watched the 2007 vma performance the other day, and I gotta say

her facial expressions were really interesting. Esp in the beginning. I think it was self-sabotage. She was feeling shitty and went out there because she had to. She didn't want to go into performer-mode. She has two very distinct sides to her, and she was not Performerney in that "performance," but I think it was her conscious decision to say "lol **** this. I am not in the mood. ****." 

She didn't outright refuse to go onstage so that she could just get away from everybody once it was over. Can you imagine how much everyone would've crawled up her *** if she would've refused to go on? She did the **** it bare minimum so she could breathe.

Not to sound too dramatic but I remember the day after the VMAs, I teared up a bit because I wanted her to perform really well and give a massive finger to all the haters. So that performance was... well let's just say she was universally panned at that time and the meltdown narrative continued. 

When Blackout dropped, I remember buying the CD and listening to every song. I remember playing the CD at my workplace while people dropped in to check what I was listening to. By the end of the day, everyone wanted to borrow the CD, so for Christmas, I gave people who asked a brand new CD so they can listen to it. It was a great year to be a Britney fan, especially if you care about the music. But for Britney as a person, it was a year she'd rather forget. I feel bad that I am enjoying the product of her darkest year, but at the same time, I am happy that she's alive and delivering great music. 

To this day, Heaven On Earth is, and still is, my favorite Britney song.

42 minutes ago, laurelhenessy said:

Not to sound too dramatic but I remember the day after the VMAs, I teared up a bit because I wanted her to perform really well and give a massive finger to all the haters. So that performance was... well let's just say she was universally panned at that time and the meltdown narrative continued. 

When Blackout dropped, I remember buying the CD and listening to every song. I remember playing the CD at my workplace while people dropped in to check what I was listening to. By the end of the day, everyone wanted to borrow the CD, so for Christmas, I gave people who asked a brand new CD so they can listen to it. It was a great year to be a Britney fan, especially if you care about the music. But for Britney as a person, it was a year she'd rather forget. I feel bad that I am enjoying the product of her darkest year, but at the same time, I am happy that she's alive and delivering great music. 

To this day, Heaven On Earth is, and still is, my favorite Britney song.

That's what makes Glory even better... so many iconic albums were made in the stars worst times but Britney proved she doesn't needs to be "blacked out" to create innovative music, she just needs to want it & work *****!

2007 was a worrying time to be a Britney fan. I kept worrying that I was going to wake up and see on the news that she had been found dead. Thankfully she pulled through it and she seems to be much happier now, although some people still think she's 'crazy', Blackout is her best album though and I still love it. Glory is good but it's too new for me to decide whether it's my favourite or not. I'm just thankful she's still alive and able to make good music and watch her children grow up. 

Archived