My Criticisms of Glory

rockNroLL227

okay before you guys drag me, please let me defend myself. i'm only giving a small post of criticisms because a thread of positive points would be overwhelming, since i'm SO ******** HAPPY with this album. this one is truly for the fans. maybe i'm still buzzing and the hype hasn't died down for me yet, but this album is amazing. so to sit here and list all the positive things would be way too much. and let me tell you, my negatives are PETTY. because this album is stellar.

-the album photoshoot/art - i know there's a rumor that they used the album art budget to shoot the video or whatever, hence why the album book let is essentially screen caps from the MM video, but come on. it looks cheap. i would've preferred they used some of the vegas promo shots even.

-just luv me - amazing song. amazing vibe. love it. want it to be a single. BUT I HATE THAT THEY SPELLED IT "LUV." i feel like she always does that and honestly, that was cool on OIDIA. but why is she still spelling it LUV! it's not cute. but whatever that song slays hard.

-coupure electrique - amazing song. love her voice on it. BUT i don't like that it's in french. for one, i don't understand what she's saying without looking it up. second, i'm reading on here that really what she's speaking isn't proper french (i'm not fluent in french so i don't know). it just bugs me that it's 100% in french - i would've been cool with like one line in french that she repeats each time or something (similar to no seas cortes), but i don't like the whole thing in french. that's just me.

-no iconic song - i love this album. every single song. and i think there are plenty of single-worthy songs on there (almost every one honestly), and i think they would do well. but after about 3 listens of the whole album, i just am not sensing an ICONIC. like i said i think plenty of songs would be very successful, but do i think there's a new BOMT, OIDIA, IAS4U, toxic, or TTWE? not quite. but then again those songs don't come around very often from ANY artist, so i guess we'll just have to wait for that next huge iconic song. by the way, when i say iconic, i mean iconic for everyone - not just stans. everyone knows the songs i listed above. they're anthems for britney. and see HITS on this album, just not ANTHEMS, you know what i'm saying?

and that's it! i told you, these are petty *** criticisms (especially just luv me) because i'm so very impressed and happy with this album. britney sounds engaged and you can see her fingerprint all of this. her name wasn't just slapped on the credits (cough britney jean cough). it's obvious this was a true passion project for her. this is truly the love child of blackout and ITZ - the kind of music britney wants to make and has always wanted to make. maybe a lot of stans here weren't fans back in 2003-2004, but i was and ITZ was SO britney. and i get that same feeling with glory. a moody "artsy fartsy" album, with healthy amounts of experimental sounds, "generic" (aka radio-friendly, hit-worthy) sounds. maybe eventaully i'll write a track by track review or something, but then again, who cares about my opinion? haha

for those of you who haven't listened to the leak - brace yourselves. britmas is coming. you are going to love it. this is one for the fans.

for those of you who have listened to the leak - what are your overall thoughts? anyone in agreement with me (on the criticisms)? also ******* STREAM AND BUY THE ALBUM. thanks :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ItsGodneyB**ch said:

DYWCM could be an anthem if managed properly

It was played last saturday in a club and it could do wonders for the GP too

Btw, the mix of the beat and vocals + that guitar feels like a blending of BOM and Toxic for me. :sobbing:

one of my favorites. i think that's probably the closest to be an iconic anthem. but i don't know if it's definite. for me there's just no obvious choice that right away you're like WOW THIS IS IT. i distinctly remember that feeling for toxic and TTWE.

Just now, rockNroLL227 said:

one of my favorites. i think that's probably the closest to be an iconic anthem. but i don't know if it's definite. for me there's just no obvious choice that right away you're like WOW THIS IS IT. i distinctly remember that feeling for toxic and TTWE.

yep, but I guess that's difficult to find in a 'chilled' album.

3 minutes ago, JoeRama said:

I also hate the spelling of 'Just Luv Me' ... -_- Great song though!

omg same, thank god someone else agrees. i hate when they do that (tik tik boom, if u seek amy). like it's just not cute. it was cute on OIDIA for "what u see (is what u get)" and "i'm a slave 4 u" on britney because it was 2000 and 2001 respectively. but it's 2016. not cool anymore.

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now
16 minutes ago, rockNroLL227 said:

i don't like that it's in french. for one, i don't understand what she's saying without looking it up.

So now you know how we (non-english speakers) feel when listening to music :ricackle:

13 minutes ago, rockNroLL227 said:

-no iconic song - i love this album. every single song. and i think there are plenty of single-worthy songs on there (almost every one honestly), and i think they would do well. but after about 3 listens of the whole album, i just am not sensing an ICONIC. like i said i think plenty of songs would be very successful, but do i think there's a new BOMT, OIDIA, IAS4U, toxic, or TTWE? not quite.

I agree :omg:

5 minutes ago, Gracie said:

If only people could take time to post something like this and not "LOLOLO HURRDURRRRR SONG IZ OVERRATED DOESNT DESERVE ANY PRAISE" etc.

That being side, I agree about "Luv" it irks me as much as I love the song, "Just Love Me" would've sufficed. :moorangu: 

think about what you're asking....... you want people to be logical! how dare you?!?! :britlol:

but "just love me" wouldn't have just sufficed, it would've been PERFECT. that's what it SHOULD be hahaha

2 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

So now you know how we (non-english speakers) feel when listening to music :ricackle:

hahahahaha fair enough but i mean when i listen to britney, i expect her to sing in her first (and i'm pretty sure her only) language! she's not bi-lingual as far as i know! hahaha

but also if she IS going to be singing entirely in french, you would think they would've met with french speaking people and made sure everything was correct. again, i'm only basing that statement off of some things i've seen french-speaking people say here, since i don't speak french. they're saying it's not proper french or it's structured incorrectly or something. and i have to take their word for it because i don't know any better. so that's what's most frustrating - if you're going to sing in french, consult native french speakers and make sure it's all good!

3 minutes ago, tsss said:

exactly :xcuseme: french is a beautiful language, I don't see a problem 

not that it's not a beautiful language (or a beautiful song for that matter), but i've just never expected not be be able to understand a single word in a britney song. but definitely still beautiful.

but as i mentioned in another reply, i've heard that the french isn't really right or correct, so i said if she was going to go 100% french, they should've consulted french speakers to make sure it was done right.

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now
3 minutes ago, rockNroLL227 said:

hahahahaha fair enough but i mean when i listen to britney, i expect her to sing in her first (and i'm pretty sure her only) language! she's not bi-lingual as far as i know! hahaha

but also if she IS going to be singing entirely in french, you would think they would've met with french speaking people and made sure everything was correct. again, i'm only basing that statement off of some things i've seen french-speaking people say here, since i don't speak french. they're saying it's not proper french or it's structured incorrectly or something. and i have to take their word for it because i don't know any better. so that's what's most frustrating - if you're going to sing in french, consult native french speakers and make sure it's all good!

I'm sure Britney had a french teacher to help her with that song... but now I'm convinced that Americans CAN'T pronounce French properly, unless they are used to it. :overwhelm: Beyonce had the same problem :overwhelm: 

27 minutes ago, Gracie said:

If only people could take time to post something like this and not "LOLOLO HURRDURRRRR SONG IZ OVERRATED DOESNT DESERVE ANY PRAISE" etc.

That being side, I agree about "Luv" it irks me as much as I love the song, "Just Love Me" would've sufficed. :moorangu: 

I'm guessing it's spelled LUV to help differentiate it from Just Like Me. But yeah, it's lame haha. And will be kinda embarrassing if it becomes a single!

4 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

I'm sure Britney had a french teacher to help her with that song... but now I'm convinced that Americans CAN'T pronounce French properly, unless they are used to it. :overwhelm: Beyonce had the same problem :overwhelm: 

i'm not necessarily even talking about the pronunciation - from what i understood, like the words and conjugation and such weren't right. but regardless - pronunciation or structure/conjugation - i don't understand french, so i'm relying on other people for this!

Archived