RCA is suspending accounts, removing POM videos

TheGloryBritney

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, If U Seek Me said:

Weird. Technically, they have no property over the content filmed. It is way different than people using copyrighted content. :juggingu:

That's an interesting legal question. I'm doing PhD research into privacy law but I have studied copyright law before. I'm not too familiar with US law but that doesn't mean I can't research it. My work is mainly Irish and EU law. In that situation I would say the video belongs to whoever filmed it but it does contain copyrighted music. That's the complex bit :bpo:

1 hour ago, joey4228 said:

But when I make a video 'of a movie', you know, the first CAM versions recorded in cinema's, it's also illegal. It's also me filming that content, yet it still isn't allowed.

I think it's working the same for these things.

Because you make a video of a copyrighted content. Britney moving on scene is not a copyrighted content.

1 hour ago, SomeoneGimmeBritney said:

That's an interesting legal question. I'm doing PhD research into privacy law but I have studied copyright law before. I'm not too familiar with US law but that doesn't mean I can't research it. My work is mainly Irish and EU law. In that situation I would say the video belongs to whoever filmed it but it does contain copyrighted music. That's the complex bit :bpo:

I'm quite sure that a court would allow copyrighted music in a video if it is the background of a video filmed during a show (unless it has been dubbed with songs). Quite like a "fair-use".

To me, it is close to the idea of freedom of panorama for pictures. If you consider that everytime a copyrighted element is heard or seen, then no video would be copyright-free. A car has a copyrighted design, same for a billboard in the street, the music on the radio in a bar, etc.

Privacy law must be so interesting. It's something I would want to study. The topic is so interesting.  :crying1:

Archived