Make yourself feel better about Glory's future UK performance by reading this thread

Lou M. Taylor

18 hours ago, button said:

Well her US competitors? Barbra and FGL. But FGL is a country band so I don't expect them to even reach the top 20 in the UK. Barbra, IDK. You tell me, is she popular over there? 

There is the possibility of Frank Ocean releasing but IDK if he's popular either. I was told there are no big UK releases that week and since Glory is doing well on preorders I thought she'd have a shot. I'd love it.

Idk about Frank Ocean, i'd say he's a bit popular and iirc Channel Orange went top 10, but i don't think he's gonna release that day. Thought he already put his album out now anyway?

Yeah Florida Georgia Line i can't imagine doing well here in the UK, i don't remember them having any big hits here, Barbra is quite popular though and her albums have always done well, so hers COULD go number 1, but i guess we'll have to wait and see.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoping UK fans don't get complacent when the mid week numbers come in. 

Bethany Janet was at #19 at mid week, but ended up at #34 on the actual chart - probably because hardcore fans pre-ordered or bought the album early in the week and then sales dropped off a cliff after that. I want Glory to be #1 on mid week sales and then #1 on actual chart, but I'm massively doubtful given the lack of a hit lead single and the lack of UK promo for the album. 

http://www.musictimes.com/articles/2625/20131204/britney-spears-new-album-jean-flopping-uk-pop-princess-eighth.htm

12 minutes ago, PlayingItSafe said:

Hoping UK fans don't get complacent when the mid week numbers come in. 

Bethany Janet was at #19 at mid week, but ended up at #34 on the actual chart - probably because hardcore fans pre-ordered or bought the album early in the week and then sales dropped off a cliff after that. I want Glory to be #1 on mid week sales and then #1 on actual chart, but I'm massively doubtful given the lack of a hit lead single and the lack of UK promo for the album. 

http://www.musictimes.com/articles/2625/20131204/britney-spears-new-album-jean-flopping-uk-pop-princess-eighth.htm

We gotta help her, she can do it this time. Surely, she can at least get 8k sales? 

I'll use one computer for US streams and the other one for UK streams. I want her get a #1 album in both the UK and the US. :riri:

I don't like the midweek chart it's stressing. I prefer to know the final result directly.

8 hours ago, button said:

We gotta help her, she can do it this time. Surely, she can at least get 8k sales? 

I'll use one computer for US streams and the other one for UK streams. I want her get a #1 album in both the UK and the US. :riri:

I don't like the midweek chart it's stressing. I prefer to know the final result directly.

Thanks for helping with UK streams! I got Hola on my BF's laptop so I'll do US streams on there and UK streams on my tablet :pumped:

We are a dedicated fan base :tiffanynod:

8 hours ago, troubleguy said:

she never had #1 in UK even in her prime so..i dont care UK charts :cigney::cigney:

Did you look carefully at the OP? Or did you just read the title and post? :huh:

One cig at a time btw, sis. :umwtf:

2 minutes ago, PlayingItSafe said:

Thanks for helping with UK streams! I got Hola on my BF's laptop so I'll do US streams on there and UK streams on my tablet :pumped:

We are a dedicated fan base :tiffanynod:

:pumped:

When will Barbra's stans?

Guest Nick Jonas
6 minutes ago, button said:

So now that Frank released this week, can we talk again about the UK #1? :bey:

No I'm sure he'll still be #1 next week. I think we'll have to put up with another #2 or #3 behind Barbarbara. :britdrown: Or #4 if Beyonka releases.

1 minute ago, Nick Jonas said:

No I'm sure he'll still be #1 next week. I think we'll have to put up with another #2 or #3 behind Barbarara. :britdrown: Or #4 if Beyonka releases.

Just stream Just stream Imma keep it simple just stream just stream.

We'll see his numbers and we'll judge if he'll get another week.

Beyoncé releasing :madonna:

Guest Nick Jonas
10 minutes ago, button said:

Just stream Just stream Imma keep it simple just stream just stream.

We'll see his numbers and we'll judge if he'll get another week.

Beyoncé releasing :madonna:

He's set for 40k this week. Generally new releases drop 60% into the second week, so he'll sell around 16k in week 2. I don't think Glory will sell that much. :overitkbye:

Archived