Remember when everyone hated this video too?

MeowBurglar

People are complaining about the 'Make Me' video but does anyone else remember when this video was released? Fans lost their ****.

They didn't understand it. They thought it was weird. They accused Britney of using a body double. They said she didn't dance enough. They criticised her for not doing a video that made more sense and matched up with the song...

and now I think it's one of the most amazing videos she has ever done. When you watch it now, it's like it's about her entire breakdown. Watch it from that perspective. It's weird (in a good way). It's fun, and she had some really cool moments. Plus, she looked beautiful.

Perspective.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, rainbow said:

Ugh I love this video. But the diff between this and the Make Me Flop reshoot is this was high budget with obvious good director and storyboard whereas the reshoot.... Looks like footage from MTV's NeXt dating show

This :sickofu:

Hold It Against Me video is a masterpiece :crying2: the whole concept of "The Beginning, The Fame, The Breakdown and The Comeback" is really well thought :crying2: 

and okay, she might look like a mess, but I don't care :crying2: Toxic video - where she looks hot as **** - is **** to me compared to Hold It Against God

Comparing the HIAM video to the Make Me video is like comparing The Emancipation Of Mimi to Glitter.

HIAM had huge production value and it took forever to release because there was so much to it, it was super complex. It had meaning and the attention to detail was amazing, every single detail had some deep meaning behind it, and it was extremely well executed.

Make Me on the other hand.... Shots of Britney laughing with her friends, shots of Britney twerking in a hallway, trim up the clips, add them together and boom; you got the Make Me video.

You cannot compare them :cigney:

4 minutes ago, Noah Fatale said:

Hold It Against God is her best video after Work *****, and that's a fact.

But comparing the HIAM video to the Make Me video is like comparing The Emancipation Of Mimi to Glitter.

HIAM had huge production value and it took forever to release because there was so much to it, it was super complex. It had meaning and the attention to detail was amazing, every single detail had some deep meaning behind it, and it was extremely well executed.

Make Me on the other hand.... Shots of Britney laughing with her friends, shots of Britney twerking in a hallway, trim up the clips, add them together and boom; you got the Make Me video.

But there's a reason why MM video is so low budget....it's a reshoot and it came after a failed video with a bigger production

13 minutes ago, rainbow said:

Ugh I love this video. But the diff between this and the Make Me Flop reshoot is this was high budget with obvious good director and storyboard whereas the reshoot.... Looks like footage from MTV's NeXt dating show

The diff between HIAM and Make Me is despite the flop budget MM has, she has that glow and that spark in her eyes. Her body looks amazing, she looks amazing, she's happy. The same can't be said about HIAM - everyone said she looked sleepy and bored. 

MakeMeney >>> HIAMney :hype:

11 minutes ago, Noah Fatale said:

Hold It Against God is her best video after Work *****, and that's a fact.

But comparing the HIAM video to the Make Me video is like comparing The Emancipation Of Mimi to Glitter.

agreee

Sorry but i can't for the life of me understand how anyone can think HIAM is one of her best videos. 

Jump cuts every 2 seconds ,body doubles everywhere.,stiff and boring choreo and Britney looking bored out of her mind through out the whole thing. It's also got some really tacky outfits and ads.

Not even close to being one of her best.  :frenchy:

Archived