Original MM video looked like a sloppy student film set in an unfurnished rental house

BobbyMorrow

3 hours ago, Smokez said:

Kinda yes. Where is the profound commentary he usually does? The detailed scenes with the subversive elements? THE ******* VIVID AND SURREAL COLOR SCHEME! ?The cage scene looked washed out because the sun was to bright. Since when is a Dave LaChapelle scene washed out of all things? The thing is we never saw the whole thing. I think he treats the scenes post production to make the colors more vivid. I think if we saw untreated pieces of everytime it might look like **** too. That **** did not look like everytime 2.0 in the least.

That's all done in POST-PRODUCTION, you don't film the video with the ******* vivid and surreal color scheme, you color correct your footage and you make it ******* vivid and surreal. Video Editit 101 sis.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, YouFeelLikeParadise said:

That's all done in POST-PRODUCTION, you don't film the video with the ******* vivid and surreal color scheme, you color correct your footage and you make it ******* vivid and surreal. Video Editit 101 sis.

Well yea. That's what i basically said. If the video was finished it would suck. I said what we saw was likely unfinished. You also can't see what type of statement he was trying to make. 

40 minutes ago, YouFeelLikeParadise said:

Okay, NO. Having gone to film school, I can say that the words "We'll fix it in post" will be written on your gravestone. Your footage should look awesome even before you correct it. Anyone who has to completely rely on post to make something look somewhat decent is not a professional. I am not at all saying that I am a professional in regards to filmmaking, but it only takes a Film 101 student to know that the original looked like trash. 

55 minutes ago, I just want more!! said:

The "original" is Work ***** meets If You Seek Amy!! How original is that guys... I'm actually glad they didn't release it because David clearly doesn't care about Britney and didn't bother to even think of something new and creative. 

The official one isn't the best and should have Made Us Ooh instead of just laugh but it did gave me this "Overprotected" vibe at the beginning so I appreciate that. Also Britney is happy with it and that's all that matters. 

Now let's please look forward to Clumsy and Car Pool Karaoke....

SERIOUSLY. Immediately I thought, "This looks like a cheap-*** version of If You Seek Amy."

1 hour ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

THIS.

I feel like it was supposed to be a commentary on the seedy underside of Las Vegas...and perhaps the commentary was TOO spot on for some people's comfort? :jolieoverit:

Nope. If You Seek Amy actually did accomplish that vibe. It looked seedy without looking like the director completely phoned it in. The original is no Spring Breakers, be real. 

This will be the first and the last time I will comment about the Make Me video (both versions).

When I first saw the video, I didn't read comments, and I didn't even read Exhale, I loved and still love the video ( the official one released on her Vevo channel). It's something different for her, I love the way she looks. I couldn't care less about the ads, I liked the concept. The editing was kinda "amateur-ish" but hey, the concept was "a casting" or whatever, so... it didn't really affect me at all (yes, the time-marking @ G-Eazy's part was annoying to watch). Um... It didn't surprised me when the released video wasn't the one we saw on pictures because there was this strong theory that the video was changed, it's not the first time that happens anyways.

NOW... when I look at here, Exhale, and watch the David's cut, I was asking to myself "WHY THE HATE?". I know the video released it's not what we all expected, but at least we didn't got another video a la Pretty Girls with that annoying script. Personally, I LOVE the way she looks in some shots (in the David's cut) BUT watching her inside a cage with that red outfit was kinda disturbing lol. 

I'm not going to judge anybody's work (neither Randee's or David's), I'm not a director, not even a professional video editor. I would love to see the David's cut, but I'm okay with the version we already got so... That's my very own personal point of view. ;)

Just now, PRIVATE.SHOW said:

How do you know we are forcing her? Maybe she wants to release it but can't :NYheadache:

And why are you assuming this is some sort of "Rebellion" situation? Maybe she saw the finished product and decided she didn't want that POS music video representing her? 

1 minute ago, BobbyMorrow said:

And why are you assuming this is some sort of "Rebellion" situation? Maybe she saw the finished product and decided she didn't want that POS music video representing her? 

I'm not saying this is a Rebellion situation. I'm saying maybe the problem is the sponsors like someone else said. :NYheadache:

I just want to add that we never even saw the model scene with the bulldozer, we don't know why she did that to the house

but I'll also add that that the video was strange, why was the house so ugly, why was there a big cat, why was she in a cage, why were the guys exercising in a house surrounding Britney, etc

i like the video we got because she looked amazing but I am a little sad that it's not iconic like womanizer- I just rewatched it and it was amazing, the music video needed to reshot with g Eazy and had a better concept but since he's busy it would've been impossible so at least we got a music video out of it unlike lady Gaga do what you want with my body 

3 hours ago, BobbyMorrow said:

SERIOUSLY. Immediately I thought, "This looks like a cheap-*** version of If You Seek Amy."

3 hours ago, BobbyMorrow said:

Nope. If You Seek Amy actually did accomplish that vibe. It looked seedy without looking like the director completely phoned it in. The original is no Spring Breakers, be real. 

If U Seek Amy! Don't ruin the spelling! :lessons:

I'm sorry but do you think 2 version deserves to be placed to her lead single videos? :oknoLOL:

original reminds me of HIAM with all this plain looking set but we didn't see final product, we still miss some scenes so please don't even start :truthtea:

Archived