Why were they allowed to use David's G-eazy scene?

ovoxo

4 hours ago, ovoxo said:

Okay but he could of easily did a quick green screen shot while on tour. Would take like 20 mins tbh

Not that simple, actually. Shooting seconds-long scenes often takes a lot of time. From all the preparation of the set (even if it's just a green screen) to G-Eazy getting one or two takes right it could take up to quite some time.

And I seriously think they downloaded that "Make_Me_0707" video on vimeo to get the footage, hence why the timestamp. What. a. mess. :zoomzoom:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, mylonliNESS said:

I guess that's possible too... but then why not add it for the other auditions ... its clearly not done on purpose because it shakes and only seen slightly in some partsnwnf5u.jpg

no time stamp  in this one... and the original one wasn't supposed to be an audition... I'll try and see if I can find the leak (with the same scene as final to see if number matches)

I would think its because his was a video submission. It was the only one in black and white too.

12 minutes ago, claug326 said:

I would think its because his was a video submission. It was the only one in black and white too.

yeah but that clearly could've been done for quality... but that doesn't explain why it only appears when the camera moves out of G-eazy's face.. the numbers are not present on the edge of the screen at all times (when tv shown from far)... only when the camera pans out... as if either zoomed in to avoid the numbers... they only appear on accident and even then only the edges... also I find it weird cause I found the scene in the leaked version... the number does change for that scene... but for some reason the number on the time stamp is blurred out (on purpose)

ad1cl.jpg

no numbers

2 hours ago, Charlot said:

I guess we'll have an answer one day ...

Maybe because his part was not showing any sponsors or anything ?! I've read in an another topic that the problem was the fact LaChapelle did not want to cooperate with the product placement.

That sounds like a probable cause, he is an artist. 

Archived