UPDATE: Make Me strengthening on TWO of the country's top radio stations

Army1

Despite all the controversy (maybe it has helped) KIIS FM, the second largest radio station in the country, has already played Make Me six times today (at an average of 2.5 hours between spins). With six hours left in their play day, Make Me could be spun up to 9 times today. 

Thats huge news as both Z100 and KIIS FM in the past week and a half have slowed their spins of Make Me down to 2 to 4 times a day, with the majority of the spins being more than five hours apart, and half happening in the early morning hours before 6 am. 

If Make Me is spun by kiis 9 times today (and the next few days), at two to three hours apart, that puts it on the same rotation as hits like cant stop the feeling, cheap thrills, etc. 

http://www.mediabase.com/whatsong/whatsong.asp?var_s=075073073083045070077

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, claug326 said:

So the radio update tomorrow should be huge? 

Only if other stations have started to rotate it in the same way as KIIS and the Chicago station did today. Mediabase's "what song was that" links are limited to only about 15 stations (out of the hundreds and hundreds of stations out there) so it's hard to get a full gauge...but maybe I'll start a thread ala @TOUCHMEANGEL's that have all the "what song was that" links in it for Make Me,  so people can follow along and keep the requesting up for those respective stations (as some of them are amongst the most important stations in the country). 

the music video is pacing for 15 to 20 million views this week...the track is spiking on some of these radio stations..and the preorder is going to help the track average a 20 to 30 spot ranking for the week on itunes. 

If we can refocus the fanbases energy on requesting and streaming hard til Friday we may have a new hot 100 peak next week. 

Let's work to give the song the Cheap Thrills effect...(a song that can explode at the right time after being out for a little while)

8 minutes ago, Army1 said:

the music video is pacing for 15 to 20 million views this week...the track is spiking on some of these radio stations..and the preorder is helping the track to average a 20 to 30 spot ranking for the week on itunes. 

If we can refocus the fanbases energy on requesting and streaming hard til Friday we may have a new hot 100 peak next week. 

Let's work to give the song the Cheap Thrills effect...(a song that can explode at the right time after being out for a little while)

You're smart!

Archived