i think the problem with the original video was...

Josbeck Ladera

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Josbeck Ladera said:

Btw that scene is so bad.. the tv screen under ther water is so awful 

I don't think they'd finished compositing all of the TV scenes.

For instance, earlier Britney reacts to something on the TV, but the screen is black. I have a feeling it's supposed to be closed circuit TV or security footage of her boyfriend (Austin Kellogg?) swimming, but they were going to comp it in afterwards. They just never got that far.

3 minutes ago, Queen_Britney said:

She NEVER cancelled "Gimme More", it was her team... Do you really not know what happened? :NYdisgust:

But who was her team at the time? I don't think she really had one, other than the folks at Jive.

Plus, if she was paying for the video herself, what right did Jive execs have to stop the shoot?

1 minute ago, TheCon said:

God forbid he put his foot down and prevent the mighty team from ******* up his work, right? :thetea: 

I'm wondering if she agreed to the initial script, but started putting her foot down on set on Day 2.

The footage of her yelling, "I don't like it! I don't like it!" is pretty good evidence that it very well could be what went down.

6 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

She is the one turning her back to the TV. But...

First there's a shot of her dancers in a wine coloured room watching the Orange Theory ad. Then it cuts to her turning her back in the beige room. Then it cuts to the wine room, and it's the body double throwing the TV.

I don't find an issue with using a body double for that AT ALL...But what I'm wondering is if Britney didn't like the electrocution storyline, so refused to do it. And then maybe David shot it anyways.

Same goes for G Eazy's POV shot. That easily could have been filmed after Britney left for the day.

So you mean that Britney didn't turn her back to the TV that was thrown (the one in the wine room)? So she turned her back just like that to the TV in the beige room? :orangu:

And they filmed the scene with the body double and made it seem like she threw it? Is that right?  

35 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

Same goes for the HIAM, Perfume, WB...Seems like a bit of a pattern. :usher:

I get that directors always push her as far as she's willing to go...but her and her Team had to know David Lachapelle would be especially hard to work with on that front.

That being said...I get the sense that he was really going over the top on this one, and filming things that either weren't in the script or were exaggerated from what was in the script.

Was HIAM's music video meant to be different??

2 minutes ago, button said:

So you mean that Britney didn't turn her back to the TV that was thrown (the one in the wine room)? So she turned her back just like that to the TV in the beige room? :orangu:

And they filmed the scene with the body double and made it seem like she threw it? Is that right?  

Yes. 

As in, maybe she didn't even know the scene with the TV was going to be filmed. But they did it anyways, after she left the set.

In that scenario, either David was making changes the day of filming, or Britney was the one refusing to film what was in the script. I tend to think it's the later - they'd need to have the props there ready, and it seems like an integral plot point. 

4 minutes ago, PedroJu said:

Was HIAM's music video meant to be different??

There were a lot of rumours at the time - that she refused to allow paint to be sprayed on her face.

Also, if you watch the end closely she's wearing about five different outfits, it's cut really fast, and in some of the shots she's as small as an ant. It's almost like they filmed it with a body double and just pasted her head on afterwards. We know they did that with the POM video, so I'm sure they also could have done it with HIAM.

1 minute ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

There were a lot of rumours at the time - that she refused to allow paint to be sprayed on her face.

Also, if you watch the end closely she's wearing about five different outfits, it's cut really fast, and in some of the shots she's as small as an ant. It's almost like they filmed it with a body double and just pasted her head on afterwards. We know they did that with the POM video, so I'm sure they also could have done it with HIAM.

I can't believe I didn't know this, no wonder the ending is so odd. Didn't know about POM either :decisions:

48 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

Do we know that she actually finished filming on Day 2 of the shoot? :jolieoverit:

She Instagrammed two different photos from Day 1, and did an interview that day with E! where she seemed very happy.

Where was the love for Day 2? 

Very true

day 2 drama?

16 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

I'm wondering if she agreed to the initial script, but started putting her foot down on set on Day 2.

The footage of her yelling, "I don't like it! I don't like it!" is pretty good evidence that it very well could be what went down.

What footage sis? :JTum:

The original video clip that leaked is REALLY **** and the outfits were very revealing. That scene with G-Eazy looks like he is on top of Britney they are f-king .lol. That was too hott. In the official video we don't see Britneys hands touching his face as if he uson top her . Instead it just looks like he is looking down at the camera and nothing else is going on.

Someone with rank decided the original video was too X-rated .

27 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

I'm tellin' ya folks, I swear there's a missing "intro" that comes before the first verse.

It's the ONLY thing that makes sense...It would explain the timecode issue (the song is 3:51, but G Eazy is rapping at 4:20 with another minute to go in the song), the disjointed storyline, the missing footage of the bulldozer, the missing storyline with Austin Kellogg. Everything.

What if there was entire desert scene shot with her wearing the toilet paper dress? :sobbing: I'm sure the whole setup wasn't just for 1 single photo that doesn't make much sense currently :wendycry:

Archived