The video mess is actually a really good PR plan.

Alice X

Think about it. 
If Britney didn't like the video, they wouldn't have gotten to the extent to edit it professionally. 
They wouldn't have let random people like Perez watch the video and show footage of it. 
I believe that it was the plan from the very beginning. To create buzz, to create meltdowns, to attract more media into her again.

And let's not start with the "oh, the original video was too ******" crap. The  new video is still ******, but crappy. These product placements is not a day-to-day deal. It was all planned well and ahead of release. They knew what they were doing. After the buzz dies out, they'll attract us again with uploading the "fan demanded version", like it was done with Hilary's MV. 

Team B has a long term plan for promo this time around. They have planned iHeart, probably VMAs and many others to come. 

After the drama is over, I believe we could expect:

1. New cover at least for the Deluxe version of the album (from a shoot).

2. The original MV for MM. 

3. Provocative video for PS. 

and I believe  much more to come. These are people who have been in the business for DECADES now. They know pretty well how to generate buzz (cuz that's what they did). If they took a step back before, it was not because they're bad at management, but because Britney wasn't completely stable and ready. She is fit, happy and her boys are grown ups. SHE IS READY and BACK. Have a little faith. They will kill it. Have some trust. :cigney:

Sorry for the long post, here is a gif from the original MV:

tumblr_obgtri5gko1rkybl0o7_400.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, BJ4u said:

Think about it. 
If Britney didn't like the video, they wouldn't have gotten to the extent to edit it professionally. 
They wouldn't have let random people like Perez to watch the video and show footage of it. 
I believe that it was the plan from the very beginning. To create buzz, to create meltdowns, to attract more media into her again.

And let's not start with the "oh, the original video was too ******" crap. The  new video is still ******, but crappy. These product placement is not a day-to-day deal. It was all planned well and ahead of release. They knew what they were doing. After the buzz dies out, they'll attract us again with uploading the "fan demanded version", like it was done with Hilary's MV. 

Team B has a long term plan for promo this time around. They have planned iHeart, probably VMAs and many others to come. 

After the drama is over, I believe we could expect:

1. New cover at least for the Deluxe version of the album (from a shoot).

2. The original MV for MM. 

3. Provocative video for PS. 

and I believe  much more to come. These are people who have been in the business for DECADES now. They know pretty well how to generate buzz (cuz that's what they did). If they took a step back before, it was not because they're bad at management, but because Britney wasn't completely stable and ready. She is fit, happy and her boys are grown ups. SHE IS READY and BACK. Have a little faith. They will kill it. Have some trust. :cigney:

Sorry for the long post, here is a gif from the original MV:

tumblr_obgtri5gko1rkybl0o7_400.gif

I hope you're right and we'll get the original version at some point.

If this would happen i'd be happy. This era is going to be the best since Circus or ITZ with all the performances and carpool karaoke and a really great album already. But this music video just makes me sad. It's not bad and i like it. But i have seen the original and it's so much better. That is what this era needs. 

If you are right she should post something about it. The meltdowns are huge and i think we won't get it. I just really hope it doesn't effect Glory's sales. It has to be #1.

I don't think it was Britney's fault not to do this, she posted the pictures for two days and looked quite happy, she was dancing to the beats in the video, if she doesn't like it why would she do that???

i think it's RCA, they are sexists, they postponed Britney's single to July just for that Justin Timberlake. And now they don't like female being ****. **** RCA!

Archived