[ Poll ] What has tarnished her reputation the most ?

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now

What has tarnished her reputation the most ?  

113 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pussyfied :JTum:was the start of it all, she was the all American girl be4 and could do no wrong then everything changed, that's when things began to get bad leading to the breakdown. 

Honestly I don't think things would've gone as bed had a not continuously messed with her and stomped on her heart 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

:crying1:

I wanted to put the kiss with Madonna, but it's not a bad thing anymore for her reputation. It was at the time though

Yeah, I love that performance so much but I put that first because it was around that time when a lot of people I know jumped ship and abandoned Britney because of her new "bad girl" image. :crying2: I didn't care at the time because I wasn't a fan yet, but I found it really sad that people were turning against her. 

Ironically, that performance was the thing that sparked interest in me for Britney and I became a fan shortly after that with her dancing in MATM and Toxic song/MV slayed my life. :dead:

34 minutes ago, SlayOut said:

Not to obsess over the breakdown, but I feel like the way that it's shaped her career afterwards has been damaging, in some ways. And I'm not trying to be critical of the actions that had to be immediately taken back then to veer her in a healthier, better direction for her personal life. But a lot of people comment how she seems really restricted when in interviews, like she can't just freely speak her mind. They see her as trapped or incapable, as if she can't stand on her own. And while it's not our business to know what specifically happened, people always comment that she almost ignores that it ever happened. And I can understand why she doesn't speak about it, completely, as she's in a totally different and better place in her life. But if she had a chance to actually set the record, not to appease anyone but to actually take charge of the way people warp her public image, I feel like she could put a lot of BS to rest.

:soyeah: Exactly.

I wish we could get a For The Record Part 2.

She hasn't really done an in-depth interview that was like a look into present day Britney now. For The Record was right after everything had finally calmed down and she had just like gathered herself. I want like a 10 years down the road, I learned this, I've changed this, this is what makes me happy, **** off haterz.

I know it'll never happen, I just want to have the GP back off and let her rice.

*****I literally meant rise but I'm so used to calling it rice now :blol:

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now
4 minutes ago, KENZDOYLE said:

I know it'll never happen, I just want to have the GP back off and let her rice.

:gloria:

2 minutes ago, sunkissed said:

HDU :bichpls: lol jk

It's just my observation. That was the first "bad" thing she did that made people turn away, at least where I was living at the time. My gay *** loves that performance tho and will always cherish it :sobbing:

I'd say it was rather iconic (One of the most iconic moments in the VMAs history according to MTV), but it probably tarnished her reputation in the other countries where homosexuality was a taboo. I mean if it really did tarnish her rep then a lot of her iconic moments did aswell (in the US).

To me breakdown and Kevin go hand in hand because the breakup with Kevin was the trigger that started her breakdown. You cannot deny the breakdown tarnished her reputation more than anything else because she did seemingly did crazy things. The media in all honesty made it look a hundred times worse than it all actually was, so I think that the media has a lot of fault in tarnishing her reputation. They caught her at her worst moments (who knows, maybe there were more) but as a fan, these are the years that I hate looking back at, because they really did tarnish her reputation. On every article, video, and post about Britney people always reference her breakdown, calling her "crazy and psychotic" or saying that she "needs to get help" even though it's been almost 10 years since any of this happened. 

1 minute ago, Margaery Tyrell said:

I'd say it was rather iconic (One of the most iconic moments in the VMAs history according to MTV), but it probably tarnished her reputation in the other countries where homosexuality was a taboo. I mean if it really did tarnish her rep then a lot of her iconic moments did aswell (in the US).

Which is pretty much everywhere outside the English-speaking world tbh :decisions:

It is very iconic though. One of the defining moments of her career. I will always love it and I'm thankful for that performance. 

• Super Mods
19 minutes ago, KENZDOYLE said:

:soyeah: Exactly.

I wish we could get a For The Record Part 2.

She hasn't really done an in-depth interview that was like a look into present day Britney now. For The Record was right after everything had finally calmed down and she had just like gathered herself. I want like a 10 years down the road, I learned this, I've changed this, this is what makes me happy, **** off haterz.

Yas sis! :myjam:

All we really get from magazines, brief radio interviews, and appearances or what not is very superficial. "Things are great." "I love being a mom." "I do x amount of exercises." Whatever! At that stuff all is true, and good info! But it's like her team wants to present her as having had a ton of success before the breakdown, and then she went through a rough patch, but emerged from it glowing and flawless, and happy, and everything resolved and perfect. And on the one hand, I've always loved that about Britney. She's really, truly inspired me in so many ways because of her resilience. But as you grow, you also learn that you have to embrace your flaws and faults, too, if you want to transform and grow.

So I too wish we could get a For the Record 2.0, or hopefully one day, an autobiography that just goes in, where she controls the narrative.

I voted Breakdown + Chaotic. Many people only think of 2007 as her "fall", but I really think her getting tired of being Britney Spears the perfect pop princess    late-2004  --  early-2008  and just letting go tarnished her reputation. That whole section of her life including the 55 hour marriage, Kevin, Jayden & Sean, being a "country mama", and 2007 in a whole is really what changed her career.

i dont even think lip synching making her flop tbh bcoz since her debut, she's known for her dancing :werk:

Only in the stan world people will bring up this issue lbr :bpo:

She's lack of promo campaign. I swear the gp dont even know about Pretty Girls, Britney Jean, Make Me. All they know is she's retiring in Vegas :zoomzoom:

Archived