Camila Cabello responds to being admired by Britney on Instagram

4 minutes ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

Camila is the sweetest person ever, I've met her 6 times and every time she was the best. The last two times she remembered me :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

I’ve always found her kinda annoying and never really liked her esp after her controversial history (…which I know she’s apologised for). But this is so sweet and nice to hear and reading this has started to change my mind on her tbh. Thanks for posting this ❤️❤️ 

:howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
37 minutes ago, nwonder said:

I’ve always found her kinda annoying and never really liked her esp after her controversial history (…which I know she’s apologised for). But this is so sweet and nice to hear and reading this has started to change my mind on her tbh. Thanks for posting this ❤️❤️ 

:howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands:

I’m not defending Camila’s actions, but it’s worth noting she was only 14-15 when it happened. Coming from a Hispanic family myself, and living in South Florida, I can somewhat understand the cultural difference (again, NOT justifying her behavior). In Hispanic cultures, race and appearance are viewed differently, and the way we speak can be jarring in other contexts. For example, I’m from Venezuela, and it’s common in our friend groups to call people “el gordo,” “el flaco,” “la negra,” “el negro,” etc. We might even use phrases like “la venezolana estúpida esa” when angry lol, which would be totally inappropriate in the U.S. Her upbringing and environment likely played a role, and I believe her parents share some responsibility in the way they raised her and spoke in the privacy of their home.

However, the key point is that she apologized and even took steps to educate herself and understand the broader cultural issues. As a society, once we call out someone's mistakes, we should also give them the space to grow and correct those mistakes. Otherwise, what’s the point of holding people accountable if we never allow them the opportunity to learn and change?

• Love 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.