Is SONY/RCA Turning Lisa into a Modern Britney Spears?

Lisa performed last night at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, and everyone is buzzing about her impact and stage presence, once again comparing her to Britney. People are saying her charm and magnetism on stage remind them of Britney. Lisa performed twice during the show and is currently signed with SONY/RCA, the same label as Britney. Could SONY be looking for the next Britney?

68b7f603ab89cd074bcfb2a789474dc8d1c35fb1

a1ae6cb4c014b612cb89faf490242fba67dbeb82

10 minutes ago, BadBunny said:

Ew. Stop comparing this literal nobody to Britney. The cardboard boxes in my garage have more stage presence than her.

Lol, the typical behavior of a bitter, insecure old gay man who's extremely sensitive about young, talented women, mixed with an outdated Regina George complex, acting like a digital diva on a Britney forum. Maybe that’s why this forum is dying. only misogynistic dinosaurs left here lol. And the fact that you're a Bad Bunny fan says it all lol.

87e7265801bd49927086fd70845b34e5f199bbd6

1 minute ago, PerfectLover. said:

No, there's not and never will be a new Britney, she's unique, one of the greatest and most important artists of our generation. These new girls could never.

I completely agree. To me, Britney is the biggest icon in pop music, even above Michael and Madonna. But thinking from a record label’s perspective, especially now that Britney refuses to return to the industry, it’s obvious that Sony and the new generations need a current "Britney."

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, NJ jeans said:

I completely agree. To me, Britney is the biggest icon in pop music, even above Michael and Madonna.

Michael and Madonna are bigger in my opinion tho.

5 minutes ago, NJ jeans said:

But thinking from a record label’s perspective, especially now that Britney refuses to return to the industry, it’s obvious that Sony and the new generations need a current "Britney."

Maybe so.

41 minutes ago, NJ jeans said:

Lol, the typical behavior of a bitter, insecure old gay man who's extremely sensitive about young, talented women, mixed with an outdated Regina George complex, acting like a digital diva on a Britney forum. Maybe that’s why this forum is dying. only misogynistic dinosaurs left here lol. And the fact that you're a Bad Bunny fan says it all lol.

87e7265801bd49927086fd70845b34e5f199bbd6

Wow, what incredibly insensitive and offensive post full of stereotypes that I will be reporting to the mods. Screaming at the fact that you’re calling me an old gay when 1). I’m not gay 2). I’m the same age as LISA (who you just called “young”). Not to mention, I’m not even a Bad Bunny fan. It’s literally just a username… Piss off, k-poop stan. Nobody wants your kind around here.

2 minutes ago, SlideAway said:

Lisa has every right to come and be great at dancing/performing/win awards/become fantastically popular, etc, but can we please stop describing that journey for her as replacing Britney or being "the new Britney".

:eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

Certainly if there’s a “new” Britney, it isn’t Lisa. Nobody from this generation really compares considering that by the time Britney was just 20, she had sold 50 million records and was considered pop royalty.

7 minutes ago, BadBunny said:

Wow, what incredibly insensitive and offensive post full of stereotypes that I will be reporting to the mods. Screaming at the fact that you’re calling me an old gay when 1). I’m not gay 2). I’m the same age as LISA (who you just called “young”). Not to mention, I’m not even a Bad Bunny fan. It’s literally just a username… Piss off, k-poop stan. Nobody wants your kind around here.

Clearly, there's a significant lack of reading comprehension here. I’m not calling you an old gay man; I’m saying that your comment is rooted in that typical, outdated behavior of a forum diva/digital archetype that’s gone extinct with newer generations. Your extreme sensitivity doesn’t seem to align with your bitter and confrontational comments in every thread. If you’re going to play the victim across the forum, at least try to maintain some coherence between what you say and how others’ comments affect you.

10 minutes ago, BadBunny said:

Certainly if there’s a “new” Britney, it isn’t Lisa. Nobody from this generation really compares considering that by the time Britney was just 20, she had sold 50 million records and was considered pop royalty.

I don’t think "replace" is the right word, and now I can see why so many people feel offended and extremely sensitive when a young, talented new artist is compared to Britney. No one is replacing anyone, it’s just different generations. The achievements and cultural impact are irreplaceable because they mark a historical moment in the world we live in. I see it as a compliment that Britney’s prime is remembered through a fresh, young artist for this generation, instead of focusing on Britney’s current situation, which, sadly, has become a meme for the media and newer generations.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.