What Is Your Britney Spears Origin Story

We all spend so much time on this site arguing and calling each other trolls. But we are all here for the same reason… Britney Spears. Let’s share how we all came to be here… why we fell for Britney ❤️

Edited by BBBBBB

I fell in love with Britney when I saw her Sometimes video. I watched mtv every day that summer hoping to catch it. I remember watching all of her performances on talk shows and her Disney in concert special and recoding them on vhs to watch over and over. She truly was everywhere and it was so exciting to see her all over every channel, on every magazine, in the toy and school supply aisles of every store. No artist will ever have a debut era like that again and I have such fond memories and am glad I got to experience it. :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

• Love 2

I’m the same age as Britney and I can clearly remember when BOMT came out… I “liked” it… but remember thinking the lyrics were a bit odd. Then “Opps” came out and I was mesmerized by this gorgeous girl playing the “oops, I accidentally made you fall in love with me “ part! I was hooked. For the next few years she was unstoppable, the best of the best, every move she made was so ****. From her tours, her VMA performances… I remember her being bigger than Beyoncé, she was the biggest star in the world. And I was under the impression that she was very much in control of her career. Onyx hotel and In The Zone were her most mature tour and album and she seemed on top of the world. Then the **** hit the fan. I remember my family, the general public, taking absolute enjoyment in her downfall. And over the next few years as she went from Britney Spears superstar to Britney Tabloid Princess I lost complete interest. After she married Jason I thought she’d come back but after Kevin… no. Then the "Meltdown"… she was unrecognizable from the star who I fell for. I used to care about her and thought she was amazing and then I became like the general public just watching her downfall. After Blackout came out I was really excited to watch her on the VMA’s, this was her comeback… I remember watching it live and yelling at the tv “What Is She Doing!”. I was only used to Britney’s performances being flawless. After that everything just got worse and then the conservatorship. I could go on… but I don’t believe Britney was ever herself again after that. She released music and videos and tours… but my heart is still with the original girl that I fell for. I may sometimes seem harsh on this site but I think its because I still hold out hope we’ll get the real Britney back.

Edited by BBBBBB

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.