"Tik Tik Boom" originally featured Lil Wayne

Came across this interview with Joakim Haukaas (also known as Joki), who worked on "Tik Tik Boom":

How did the Britney team get in touch with your material?

Via via via via and then suddenly I found myself working on tons of potential Britney songs back and forth over the internet with the will.i.am (and also darkchild) camp.

What did your contribution for “Tik Tik Boom” concretely consist of and how much did it get changed as part of the process?

I basically played and programmed all the instruments (not drums). The acoustic guitars, monster bass fills, and all synths on the record except the bass in the pre and the plucky synth stuff that plays in the hook on top of the 808s (and that weird pitchy sound which was actually one of the first sounds in the project).
The biggest switch up for that song was then it went from having Lil Wayne to T.I.

What did the experience with “Tik Tik Boom” tell you about the relative importance of songwriting versus producing a beat, or even a fully fleshed-out instrumental?

First of all, to me, there’s no such thing as a fully fleshed-out instrumental you can make before you’ve got vocals. This is because it’s impossible to finish a production without knowing how the main ingredient of the song’s gonna be. Unless it’s certain styles of rap.
That song in particular didn’t really teach me anything about that. But my experience with everything else I’ve been doing says It doesn’t really matter if it’s songwriting on a piano or a music loop or a fully fleshed out beat. It’s all about being in with the right people/teams etc for that in my opinion.

Here's also more confirmation of Darkchild's involvement on the album.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, whenthedogscaneout said:

I don’t think anyone can pull off “beat her beat her, treat her like an animal somebody call PETA” :grimace_judging_judge_squint_ew_gross_red_white_annoyed:

Not defending it but “beat her” or beat it is just slang for s.ex, that line’s supposed to mean he’s good in bed, not about violence :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.