'Exaholic' lyrics are interesting

I was listening to this little bop we got from the Glory vault and couldn't help but notice its lyrics. 

Since we're not together
My life is black and white, I'd pay any price
For just one night together
So I can mainline, freebase, shoot up your love

I'm an exaholic, call it what you call it
All I know's I want it, I-I can't help it

What ex could she be talking about? :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare:

I can't help it, I'm an exaholic
I need a fix, just want my fix
Yeah, I can't help it, I'm an exaholic
Oh no, here I go, I think I need an intervention

I find the use of the word "intervention" here particularly interesting, given that it has been a recurring theme in Britney's life.

I hope you don't mind me saying
Every time I start craving
All of my friends start praying
Oh no, here I go, I think I need an intervention

I absolutely love the bridge—classic Britney vocals. I also find the "praying" part interesting, considering her circle was full of religious people.

Britney cowrote the song, alongside Stephanie Jones, Joseph Spargur and Brad Tursi. I think it's a big sign the song is somewhat true to her life and feelings.

In my opinion this song should have made the Glory tracklist. It's such a tune!

• Love 2
Just now, BuyingCircusTourDMMe said:

I really don’t think it’s that deep rockmafia wrote this after she asked them for a hit, regardless the song slaps and could have been great the potential was amazing. 

I also used to think it wasn't that deep, that it was just a song. But since Britney cowrote it, it gives more substance to the whole thing, and we know how she always records music that speaks to her.

• Love 1

I’ve always sort of liked this song, but there’s something about the production that sounds dated to me. I do like the composition/lyrics though, but I don’t think there’s anything too deep going on with the words either. It’s just like any other Britney s** song. With a less monotonous chorus though, it could have potential as a solid “fun” single.

By the way, thanks for posting nice threads, unlike other chaotic topics that bring nothing inspiring to this forum. I appreciate it.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, DoYouDare? said:

I’ve always sort of liked this song, but there’s something about the production that sounds dated to me. I do like the composition/lyrics though, but I don’t think there’s anything too deep going on with the words either. It’s just like any other Britney s** song. With a less monotonous chorus though, it could have potential as a solid “fun” single.

By the way, thanks for posting nice threads, unlike other chaotic topics that bring nothing inspiring to this forum. I appreciate it.

Rt to all of this 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.