At the 2024 VMAs, Everybody Wanted to Be Britney Spears

WWW.HARPERSBAZAAR.COM

There were so many homages to the Princess of Pop. What does it mean?

There was waaaay too many homages... MTV and the "randoms" were giving obsessed stans...  Tate looking like a "what I ordered online vs what I got" meme :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink: Addison looking... well... interesting... :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what: Sabrina got people talking about her performance because she sampled OIDIA's monologue and then kissed a alien ? :gerlwat_sunglasses_cigarette_looking_what_blink:Megan was the host and even wore a slave 4 u outfit... (she looked goodt!:melt_weird_drift_wow:) but I don't understand why she did that when it was basically Katy's Vanguard night.

What do you think it all means? Is Britney forever that girl even when she's retired or do you think they are just being nice? :reductive_madonna_mdna_tea_coffee_cup_sips_sipping_drink_spill: xoxo

• Love 2
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

Sabrina's outfit was inspired by Madonna's VMA look and Janet wore the VMA dress Britney wore before her.

Bey didn't need to be referenced; remember she took the stage after Britney's Make Me performance and everyone forgot about Brit Brit.

Beyonce Lemonade GIF

I can't find the Janet dress :byesmoke_tiffany_miss_ms_ny_new_york_sitting_smoking_cigarette: Do you have a pic of it? I wanna see the original inspiration. Love Queen Janet.

Hmmm If people forgot how comes you remember? How can people not remember this yellow number lol

Britney Spears GIF by 2020 MTV Video Music Awards

What did Bey even perform?

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.