Britney Spears - Candie's 2010

Both her face and her body look phenomenal in this shoot. The clothes, however, were beyond ugly.

It’s so strange how drastically she changed in just one year (2010-2011). I wish she spoke more about this time period in her book, because wtf happened? The conservatorship was already well underway in 2010.

Maybe she was given a false sense of freedom during this time? There were also reports she suffered another breakdown, maybe when she realized the con would be permanent? Does anyone remember when it was made permanent?

Edited by Emil87
  • Love 2
  • Like 7
1 minute ago, Emil87 said:

It’s so strange how drastically she changed in just one year (2010-2011). I wish she spoke more about this time period in her book, bc wtf happened? The conservatorship was already well under way in 2010.

Maybe she was given a false sense of freedom during this time? There were also reports she suffered another breakdown, maybe when she realized the con would be permanent? Does anyone remember when it was made permanent?

Well the c-ship was meant to be temporary, but they extended it to December 2008, and then sometime in that period it became permanent

Maybe they lied and when she found out she had the alleged breakdown and then the paparazzi thing the same year

• Like 1

That hair is so tragic! Who made that to her? What with all these hairdressers? Do they have a vendetta against her? 

And she looks so bored in the shoot you can tell she didn't want to be there! Especially the one shoot by Terry Richardson.

Edited by MissDebbie
  • Like 3

Body and face were so on point. The rest tho...

One of the many examples of her team not knowing how to work her image. Why she was doing a campaign for damn candies? way too teen and girlie. They never let the bubblegum pop of her early years die, even tho she is no longer the girl from BOMT days. 

Her career suffered with so many bad choices, it's impressive it lasted as long as it did.

Edited by Dark Willow
  • Love 1
  • Like 4
37 minutes ago, Dark Willow said:

Body and face were so on point. The rest tho...

One of the many examples of her team not knowing how to work her image. Why she was doing a campaign for damn candies? way too teen and girlie. They never let the bubblegum pop of her early years die, even tho she is no longer the girl from BOMT days. 

Her career suffered with so many bad choices, it's impressive it lasted as long as it did.

her team was clueless after the oops era, they didn't know what to do with her once the bubblegum pop thing got old. she was no longer a teen and they didn’t know how to sell her. her creative freedom during 2001-2007 was what got her a lasting legacy 

Edited by thesimplelife
  • Like 4
11 minutes ago, thesimplelife said:

her team was clueless after the oops era, they didn't know what to do with her once the bubblegum pop thing got old. she was no longer a teen and they didn’t know how to sell her. her creative freedom during 2001-2007 was what got her a lasting legacy 

True. Her strong prime years made her career survive so many awful moments and decisions.

I feel like after Johnny Wright left things were getting lazier, Larry just didn't know exactly what to do and tried to milk all the good work from before, the label wanted the Britney from her first albums forever.

They were not able to follow her age, artists from her generation like Timberlake and Beyonce started to be more mature, with a more adult approach and edgy image. Britney still was doing pop innuendos, campaign with candies and selling nostalgia in her 30's already. 

I don't know if Britney mental health issues affected their work to make her evolve, but I think they could've done a much better job in general. 

I still want to hear everything she worked during the "original doll" days... when it seemed she wrote the most and had something more deep to say (like Mona Lisa) but for some people almost everything was cancelled by the label. 

• Like 4
8 hours ago, Emil87 said:

Both her face and her body look phenomenal in this shoot. The clothes, however, were beyond ugly.

It’s so strange how drastically she changed in just one year (2010-2011). I wish she spoke more about this time period in her book, because wtf happened? The conservatorship was already well underway in 2010.

I think around September 2010 when there was a cship hearing that decided it would remain permanent everything changed for her. It seems like she lost hope that she would ever be free, even though there would still be many times in the following years where she was quietly fighting for her freedom. All the way through 2008 and 2009 she was being told that that if she completed the Circus tour and did all the work they were giving her that would show she could manage her life and she would be given her freedom. When that didn't happen in 2010 I imagine it was a very tough realization for her, and it seems they upped her medication highly to keep her more compliant and docile. It's so disturbing.

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, Dark Willow said:

True. Her strong prime years made her career survive so many awful moments and decisions.

I feel like after Johnny Wright left things were getting lazier, Larry just didn't know exactly what to do and tried to milk all the good work from before, the label wanted the Britney from her first albums forever.

They were not able to follow her age, artists from her generation like Timberlake and Beyonce started to be more mature, with a more adult approach and edgy image. Britney still was doing pop innuendos, campaign with candies and selling nostalgia in her 30's already. 

I don't know if Britney mental health issues affected their work to make her evolve, but I think they could've done a much better job in general. 

I still want to hear everything she worked during the "original doll" days... when it seemed she wrote the most and had something more deep to say (like Mona Lisa) but for some people almost everything was cancelled by the label. 

they were lazy and wanted her to remain 17 forever. I genuinely think they weren’t expecting Britney’s career to be as impactful and lasting as it was so they didn’t plan ahead. they should’ve allowed her to grow as an artist as well as a person. they missed on so many amazing opportunities it’s a crime! I mean her career now is iconic but it could’ve been even better if her management was smarter. 

Imagine what we could’ve had if they allowed her to properly take control like she did with Britney/ITZ/Blackoutspacer.png

Edited by thesimplelife
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, BlackoutITZ said:

I think around September 2010 when there was a cship hearing that decided it would remain permanent everything changed for her. It seems like she lost hope that she would ever be free, even though there would still be many times in the following years where she was quietly fighting for her freedom. All the way through 2008 and 2009 she was being told that that if she completed the Circus tour and did all the work they were giving her that would show she could manage her life and she would be given her freedom. When that didn't happen in 2010 I imagine it was a very tough realization for her, and it seems they upped her medication highly to keep her more compliant and docile. It's so disturbing.

She was already very depressed here and I think she already lost all hope way before these shoots were taken, these sessions happened right after the DisneyLand incident, which out of respect for Britney, I'd prefer not to explain in detail if any of you don't know about it.

They probably started overmedicating her after this because she was acting up and actively finding ways to break out of the conservatorship without any luck, some time after, many members of her team also left, probably because of how disturbing everything got at that point.

• Like 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.