Christina Aguilera, JLO & Kelly Clarkson among others did not make it to the BB 25 Greatest Pop Stars of the 21st Century list!

3 hours ago, Style. said:

Yes, I understand what you’re saying, and I agree with it, but we have to remember that we’re talking about Billboard. As far as we know, Billboard tracks sales, units, streaming numbers, and chart positions. They even mentioned that Xtina is a powerhouse, which is why they gave her an honorable spot. However, everything she touched after Back to Basics failed to make any noise.

Her album sales dropped drastically, and she can’t even sell out a school auditorium. As far as I know, that Las Vegas residency had a capacity of 1,000 people, and she struggled even with that, if I’m correct. She didn’t get major deals or major award shows, and the list goes on. Meanwhile, her peer Britney Spears scored major achievements after 2008—it’s not even up for debate. Anyway, that’s just my opinion, and no shade to Xtina.

You're wrong. Most of her residency was sold out, so saying she can't sell out a school auditorium is biased.

Nobody is claiming that Billboard is lying. The sad thing is the way they wrote their reasons, which in most of the 25 cases is disrespectful.

50 minutes ago, Pablitonizer said:

nnnnn her team trying some damage control in advance because she was left out of BB 25 greatest pop stars of the 21st century :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

LOLOLOLOL.png

Sure Jan. Her team (if she has one) called Glamour yesterday to do an emergency photoshoot and publish it today :D

At least read the interview and you will confirm she's another semi-retired pop star who doesn't care about hits, charts or success and is mostly focused on her family.

Edited by The Queen
54 minutes ago, The Queen said:

Sure Jan. Her team (if she has one) called Glamour yesterday to do an emergency photoshoot and publish it today :D

At least read the interview and you will confirm she's another semi-retired pop star who doesn't care about hits, charts or success and is mostly focused on her family.

That's why I said damage control in advance, sweetie :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

BB has been working on this coming articles for quite sometime, it's not something that came out of the blue. It's curious the way Glamour mag worded it... :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

1 hour ago, The Queen said:

You're wrong. Most of her residency was sold out, so saying she can't sell out a school auditorium is biased.

Nobody is claiming that Billboard is lying. The sad thing is the way they wrote their reasons, which in most of the 25 cases is disrespectful.

I don't think they're disrespectful, they're honest. Xtina's last impact was Stripped in 2002. And that's one of the best pop albums I've ever heard. From that masterpiece to Back to mess... not sure how that happened. After Stripped her whole music career went downhill. Can't comment on her tour or residency numbers though, I had no idea she was in Vegas :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

11 minutes ago, Pablitonizer said:

I don't think they're disrespectful, they're honest. Xtina's last impact was Stripped in 2002. And that's one of the best pop albums I've ever heard. From that masterpiece to Back to mess... not sure how that happened. After Stripped her whole music career went downhill. Can't comment on her tour or residency numbers though, I had no idea she was in Vegas :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Saying Back to Basics was a mess says a lot about your taste hun. If you said that about Lotus, the world would agree 😄

1 minute ago, The Queen said:

Saying Back to Basics was a mess says a lot about your taste hun. If you said that about Lotus, the world would agree 😄

Back to mess it's pretty much that... a mess. I just don't like the sound, but I give her the credit for trying to experiment something different. No wonder it only got 3 music videos out of that album :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

I won't comment on the atrocities she made after that album :clownery_makeup_meme:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.