Will Britney's Legacy Be Known For Her As An Artist, Or Be Marred By All The Drama?

Britney was once known as the Princess of Pop and still is, but more so known as a strong entertainer and fantastic dancer.

Britney became a superstar and was swallowed up in a 13-year C ship.

Since 2006 things have never been the same.

Will Britney's legacy stand strong for her iconic hits and amazing sales and performances or is all the IG drama, still hooking up with the wrong men and not seeming to want to work on herself going to keep tarnishing her legacy day by day?

Britney Spears' Transformation: See Photos Of Her Then & Now – Hollywood  Life

Fron online rants and attacks on The Osbournes, Halsey, Charli X C X, The Basketball Player, Jack In The Box Employee, X Tina, Donatella Versace and others her IG is not helping.

From dancing with knives, spanking her behind with pitch forks, spinning round and round, feuding with family online, smoking in spas, and getting nu.de publicly.

It's like the headlines are continuing to overshadow much of what she's done in the industry as an artist. 

Knives GIFs | TenorNicki Minaj shares a video on her stories of Britney Spears dancing to FTCU  with the caption “👑 Resilient Sagg girlies BAD B1CH in REAL LIFE TINGZ”  🔥👏🏼🩷🩷🩷💕🚨🚨🚨🚨 - Page 2 - Britney Community - BreatheHeavy | ExhaleBritney Spears Dancing GIFs | Tenor

Edited by DiamondCircus
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

I think as time goes on the chances of a strong performance or vocal become slimmer and slimmer.

We'll be going on 9 years since Glory hole. :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

And unfortunately, I think that besides not having the desire, she doesn't have any artistic creativity nowadays :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

Just now, Gutterguppy said:

Madonna has been embroiled in more controversy (even up until recently) than Britney and her legacy seems to be in tact.

Madonna is the Queen of Pop, the difference is Madonna learned from her mistakes and grew up.

When people think of Madonna they don't generally think of her scandals, with Britney people are forgetting the music, the performances as well. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Honeymoon said:

And unfortunately, I think that besides not having the desire, she doesn't have any artistic creativity nowadays :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

You could be right; you'd think even if she didn't want to sing professionally anymore that she would try something else.

She'd be great being a voice of a character on an animated film. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 2

Britney is remembered for her peak and controversial moments. Currently, no one respects her as an artist or celebrity. For some, She is an act of nostalgia, a memory of a distant past. For others, she's just a joke, a meme. Britney's image is getting worse and worse. If one day she decides to resume her career, her team will have a lot of work to do to make the GP once again have a minimum of respect and interest in her art.

• Haha 2
  • Like 1
Just now, Joel Santos said:

Britney is remembered for her peak and controversial moments. Currently, no one respects her as an artist or celebrity. For some, She is an act of nostalgia, a memory of a distant past. For others, she's just a joke, a meme. Britney's image is getting worse and worse. If one day she decides to resume her career, her team will have a lot of work to do to make the GP once again have a minimum of respect and interest in her art.

Great point she is more of a nostalgia act since it's been so long since she's had a hit album. It sucks the amazing songs and music that could come out of the experiences she's been through, and she decides to use her voice to reel in Paul.

Britney will probably be lipping to Baby One More time in her Baby voice in her 50's for all we know. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

3 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

Madonna is the Queen of Pop, the difference is Madonna learned from her mistakes and grew up.

When people think of Madonna they don't generally think of her scandals, with Britney people are forgetting the music, the performances as well. 

Oh! People are forgetting her music? Interesting....'cause an Olympic gymnast was just using the 'Oops...' choreography in her routine and Halsey literally sampled 'Lucky'. I'm pretty sure if you were to blast 'Toxic', 'BOMT', or any of Britney popular songs in the club, people would be singing along. So not sure how people are forgetting the performances and music, unless you took a survey yourself and got those results. 

And Madonna, until very recently, getting into some deep **** over saying the n-word, was making weird IG videos, and being known for her botched plastic surgery. Mind you, this all happened when she was middle aged. So I guess she hasn't grown up. 

• Love 4
Just now, Gutterguppy said:

Oh! People are forgetting her music? Interesting....'cause an Olympic gymnast was just using the 'Oops...' choreography in her routine and Halsey literally sampled 'Lucky'. I'm pretty sure if you were to blast 'Toxic', 'BOMT', or any of Britney popular songs in the club, people would be singing along. So not sure how people are forgetting the performances and music, unless you took a survey yourself and got those results. 

And Madonna, until very recently, getting into some deep **** over saying the n-word, was making weird IG videos, and being known for her botched plastic surgery. Mind you, this all happened when she was middle aged. So I guess she hasn't grown up. 

Since when is botched plastic surgery compared to Britney having several row's with several married men? Britney's also been accused of things she's said online as well that pertain to rappers. 

If you read the comments on Britney posts on IG, Twitter or most places online many aren't talking about her as a performer.

Halsey reaching and destroying Lucky wasn't paying homage she clowned Britney with that music video girl. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, DiamondCircus said:

Since when is botched plastic surgery compared to Britney having several row's with several married men? Britney's also been accused of things she's said online as well that pertain to rappers. 

If you read the comments on Britney posts on IG, Twitter or most places online many aren't talking about her as a performer.

Halsey reaching and destroying Lucky wasn't paying homage she clowned Britney with that music video girl. 

I don't care whether you think Halsey did a poor job of Britney's song; the point is that she has other artists who clearly look up to her as a musician, who are greatly influenced by her body of work. If people were forgetting her music as you clearly claimed in your initial comment, then no one would be reaching out to her to put their take on it. And how is Britney's statement about rappers who smoke w**d (which was a fact) comparable to Madonna using a slur...

Like I said, Madonna has been 'marred' in her own drama since the dawn of time, and it has not affected her legacy that much.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DiamondCircus said:

Britney was once known as the Princess of Pop and still is, but more so known as a strong entertainer and fantastic dancer.

Britney became a superstar and was swallowed up in a 13-year C ship.

Since 2006 things have never been the same.

Will Britney's legacy stand strong for her iconic hits and amazing sales and performances or is all the IG drama, still hooking up with the wrong men and not seeming to want to work on herself going to keep tarnishing her legacy day by day?

Britney Spears' Transformation: See Photos Of Her Then & Now – Hollywood  Life

Fron online rants and attacks on The Osbournes, Halsey, Charli X C X, The Basketball Player, Jack In The Box Employee, X Tina, Donatella Versace and others her IG is not helping.

From dancing with knives, spanking her behind with pitch forks, spinning round and round, feuding with family online, smoking in spas, and getting nu.de publicly.

It's like the headlines are continuing to overshadow much of what she's done in the industry as an artist. 

Knives GIFs | TenorNicki Minaj shares a video on her stories of Britney Spears dancing to FTCU  with the caption “👑 Resilient Sagg girlies BAD B1CH in REAL LIFE TINGZ”  🔥👏🏼🩷🩷🩷💕🚨🚨🚨🚨 - Page 2 - Britney Community - BreatheHeavy | ExhaleBritney Spears Dancing GIFs | Tenor

Her instagram is a small bleep in her life that most people don’t even know about, I hear her music on the radio constantly and I just turned 16 last week and I have known songs like oops my whole life, she will definitely forever be remembered as an artist people say it’s Britney beotch and bring the action etc all the time

12 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

On twitter everyone loves her except old men Xtina stans etc. but whenever there is a post about her all the iconic Stan accounts like Steven and Buffy’s as well as all the swifties always say slay queen and the majority of twitter doesn’t know who Paul is either lol

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Dama Etro said:

Most of her drama fades away honestly. Few things remain, like the head shaving breakdown, K-Fat, Timberpuss. To be fair, I do not take tabloids serious, so for low IQ people it might be that the drama is more present. :chershade_red_wig_oh_hair_hmm:

Yeah the only thing everyone remembers is the head shaving and even that is mostly people being sympathetic… tell diamond she needs to stop with the hate bait threads…

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

It's so wild how this news keeps unfolding, there probably won't be a new album for years and years.

Britney herself has said she won't return to the music industry, so I've given up on any possible projects. I just wish I knew more about the years of the cship, beyond the book. There's a lot we don't know that leads us to where she is today.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.