This is the real Britney, get over it!

1 hour ago, everybodygoesdown said:

She just doesn’t want to be the pop star Britney Spears anymore. She wants none of that. She had it all and she felt like it ruined the things that truly mattered, like family and her relationship with her kids. 

She wants to be average Debby, out with her new man and his kids at the trampoline park and taking trips to Cancun. 

The fact she is trying so hard to be this "Debby" and it never works the way she wants. How long we've been saying Britney is living a more normal life without the pressure of fame, free, doing whatever she wants... yey she doesn't look happy or complete.

She is going to a dark place to fake this life.

Her current bizarre relationship and the fake new family are just a few demonstrations of Britney living in a bubble of delusions.

If she wants to retire that's ok, perfect... but Britney often shows a certain despise for her career and even some good moments. She hates homages, she hates people acknowledging her past (like the iconic things).

It's like she is escaping from herself.

Edited by Dark Willow
  • Love 3
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, yshdibesd said:

Y’all talk about Britney’s legacy and “her peak” as if the first years of her career were any different to the conservatorship. It was the same thing, she was controlled and exploited to the point her development as a person was severely impaired.

The dancing on Instagram is not that different to the moves Britney did on every tour, she was just younger and overworked. The romanticized golden years were just part of the abuse that led to 2007, the cship and where she’s currently at.

Scrutinizing her relationships, her looks, and expecting her to be the persona y’all believe she is, honestly is part of the problem. Anyone with an ounce of reason knows she’s unwell and in need of help, away from the public eye.

Anyway, she looks great :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

This!! it wasn’t just the c-ship, she was being moved around like a puppet since she was 16 years old. You can see it as early as the oops! era that she was both psychically and mentally exhausted, if you look at any promotional interview she repeated over and over just how tired she was and how she missed being home with her family. In the first five years of her career she did 5 tours (7 if you count the mall tour and the Nsync opening). She was overworked to the point of hating the industry by the time the oxyx hotel tour started. It’s sad because In The Zone was definitely a project she loved working on but she was done with touring and promoting + she was dealing with so much hate from the GP. I think it’s safe to say that she hates the popstar life. 

She was enslaved for 20 years and her mental health issues were never treated properly, they were just pushed under the rug with crazy amounts of medication. She was isolated, never made any friends and she ended up losing her family as well. She’s always had bad taste in men and she has always been obsessed with the idea of a perfect family and now more than ever that’s what she desperately wants. 

I really hope she finds a way to heal and reconnect with her children. She deserves to live a happy life.

Edited by thesimplelife
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, thesimplelife said:

This!! it wasn’t just the c-ship, she was being moved around like a puppet since she was 16 years old. You can see it as early as the oops! era that she was both psychically and mentally exhausted, if you look at any promotional interview she repeated over and over just how tired she was and how she missed being home with her family. In the first five years of her career she did 5 tours (7 if you count the mall tour and the Nsync opening). She was overworked to the point of hating the industry by the time the oxyx hotel tour started. It’s sad because In The Zone was definitely a project she loved working on but she was done with touring and promoting + she was dealing with so much hate from the GP. I think it’s safe to say that she hates the popstar life. 

She was enslaved for 20 years and her mental health issues were never treated properly, they were just pushed under the rug with crazy amounts of medication. She was isolated, never made any friends (her father even prohibited the dancers from interacting with her) and she ended up losing her family as well. She never had good taste in men and she has always been obsessed with the idea of a perfect family and now more than ever that’s what she desperately wants. 

I really hope she finds a way to heal and reconnect with her children. She deserves to live a happy life.

I read somewhere that she thought things would slow down for her after the Oops album and she’d be able to settle down somewhere and take a break. Wonder how she’d fair out now if she were able to do that 

Edited by Gutterguppy
1 minute ago, Gutterguppy said:

I read somewhere that she thought things would slow down for her after the Oops album and she’d be able to settle down somewhere and take a break. Wonder how she’s fair out now if she were able to do that 

I think that was the main problem, she wasn’t allowed time to rest in between the albums. She even said that doing Crossroads was like a vacation for her even though she was still working. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, thesimplelife said:

I think that was the main problem, she wasn’t allowed time to rest in between the albums. She even said that doing Crossroads was like a vacation for her even though she was still working. 

Exactly. She should’ve been allowed a prolonged break. I remember when she broke up with Justin and tabloids were pushing stories about how she was a having mental breakdown and Lynne was saying everything was fine cause Britney was feeling rested after not working for 3 months! She needed like a 2-3 years break!

Edited by Gutterguppy
  • Love 3

It’s apparent she is suffering from mental health issues after all she has been through and maybe from even before that. She either refuses treatment bc of what happened to her in that facility or she has yet to find treatment that works to stabilize her. No this is not the “real” Britney, this is a damaged Britney who has been heavily abused and hasn’t recovered yet. Maybe less judgement and more love for her? She hasn’t killed anyone and doesn’t deserve all the hate she gets on here. 

• Like 5

Britney would be so angry to be called a victim and I think some of that pride is part of the problem. I was watching the parts from Chaotic that weren't in the series and she regularly had this mentality of asking everyone on advice on how to get through stuff. Until she is able to transmute her experience into something meaningful, she will feel bitter. I do think we need to give her time though. Took me years to sort myself out and money doesn't make therapy work faster.

I do worry that everyone being so hard on her choices is going to be problematic. She may be fully in the mindset of kicking back at any instruction. I wouldn't like to comment on her boyfriend personally as that is her business. I am just here to watch her mess about in her beautiful house and try to understand such a facinating woman. Her book made me understand what she is doing. I just suddenly don't find it offensive, unhinged or ugly anymore because I just get it. It is all rebellion. I say let her have it, let her have the teenage experience that we all had. I see a statment of "feeling good sometimes doesn't look pretty, it just feels good". But that is what I personally see. I could be wrong.

• Love 4
  • Like 1

Britney was always a messy, chaotic person, even in her younger years. There is this delusion that she use to be super classy and put together, but a quick google search will show you something very different. 

This was the girl who was running around barefoot at gas stations, eating Cheetos. She was driving down the highway with her 5 month old INFANT on her lap. She got super drunk and married some redneck from her home state for 55 hours and then acted like it was no big deal. She hooked up with Kevin Federline while he was having a baby with his ex/current girlfriend and then had two babies back-to-back with him and then LOST custody of them because of her poor behavior, refusing to attend parenting classes, substance abuse and drinking, and not showing up for court and required dr*g tests. 

Britney has always been a mess. Her “prime” was just a carefully orchestrated marketing campaign and nothing more. Behind the scenes, she is just an uneducated redneck from the trailer parks of Louisiana. If she hadn’t become famous, she’d be living in a single-wide trailer right now with 6 kids (some taken away by child protective services), 4 different baby daddies, walking around with a kid on her hip, cigarette hanging out of her mouth, and a Mountain Dew in her hand. 

That’s the real Britney. 

• Love 2
On 8/10/2024 at 5:56 PM, monalisaney81 said:

It’s apparent she is suffering from mental health issues after all she has been through and maybe from even before that. She either refuses treatment bc of what happened to her in that facility or she has yet to find treatment that works to stabilize her. No this is not the “real” Britney, this is a damaged Britney who has been heavily abused and hasn’t recovered yet. Maybe less judgement and more love for her? She hasn’t killed anyone and doesn’t deserve all the hate she gets on here. 

I don’t think it’s judgmental to acknowledge that she’s not in a good place and that what she is now is the real her (regardless of the cause, it’s just a fact).

+ acknowledging that the harm done to her started way before the conservatorship, in the times that people think she was living in fairytale. Far from it, we get a glimpse in her book. 

On 8/10/2024 at 4:55 PM, thesimplelife said:

She was enslaved for 20 years and her mental health issues were never treated properly, they were just pushed under the rug with crazy amounts of medication. She was isolated, never made any friends and she ended up losing her family as well. She’s always had bad taste in men and she has always been obsessed with the idea of a perfect family and now more than ever that’s what she desperately wants. 

Exactly… her whole life has been a conservatorship, but they didn’t need a judge to sign it off when she was a child.

now people want her to go back to the life that harmed her so much? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2024 at 6:18 PM, Meep said:

I just suddenly don't find it offensive, unhinged or ugly anymore because I just get it. It is all rebellion. I say let her have it, let her have the teenage experience that we all had. I see a statment of "feeling good sometimes doesn't look pretty, it just feels good". But that is what I personally see. I could be wrong.

This is an interesting point of view. I wish she would be able to get that in some shape or form, if that what she needs.

I wonder, does it “feel good” though. Currently she has literally a foot injury, and doesn’t seem to be afraid or aware of feeding the narrative that she can’t take care of herself. It’s a treacherous road…

First of all, having your image tightly controlled is not the same thing as being in a legal arrangement in which most of your civil rights are LEGALLY forfeited lol.

"The dancing on Instagram is not that different to the moves Britney did on every tour, she was just younger and overworked" 

Stopped reading after that. :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:There were her dancing skills, her confidence on stage, her charisma and s**-appeal, her catchy music, her work ethic and overall raw talent that made her so beloved by fans and the reason she gets 8-figure contracts even these days. Comparing that to whatever she's doing now on Instagram is a crime.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.