What did you think of the Paris 2024 Olympics' "Sodom and Gomorrah"?

1 hour ago, trip to my touch said:

your lit commenting pos in a thread about annonymus x- hate comments.

(and negatively about the artists and performance...)

Interesting. And while I criticise the act (not the artists as people and the rest of the show as you would like it to be), you were the one here writting the messages with actual evident hate note.

16 minutes ago, Utopia said:

It’s not anti-Christian, you’re just too sensitive https://x.com/AukeHoekstra/status/1817569151432458399

Let's be realistic.

This is really far stretched. Up until 30-35 hours ago you could barely find any information on internet like from which year was that painting and most likely no one of them knew about the said painting up until someone from twitter found a painting that looks like Last Supper, which is considered to be 2nd most known painting in the world and also one of most studied ones. The dutch painter most likely saw the Last Supper in person or one of it's copies and made copy of the form with different characters himself.

Plus, the person in the middle was bragging on her instagram about comparisson with last supper before the **** hit the fan. After someone pointed out the wild theory on twitter about the the painting of the dutch guy, only then they started the damage control themselfs.

They just f-d up and I hope they will think twice on future.

Edited by White Tiger

Hi, 

For your information France is not religious country. If you know France history, you will know that religious people were behead with monarch people at the end of the XVII century during the revolution.

As for the "Cène" it's what we call a satyrism in art and littérature département. If you know French art and rococo you will understand that the blue man is the representative of one of the sculpture in"Versailles Parc" (renowed in the whole world) . It can be too much for people but we're not ashamed of the beheaded Queen so why all this circus. JO 2024 are in Paris so they represent one of France art and culture aspecy. Even if you don't like it. As for Muslim quotes why are you using them. We don't use them because many countries present are Muslim. And using Muslim like this will be a provocation and friction in political world aspect. 

This forum is about pop culture and Britney Spears so why talked about terrorist... Art is a perspective question. Not everyone can like  and see the same thing. Hourra for freedom and the freedom to think and like. That's belong to French history and people and great authors died for this. 

We are not bigot. And I invited to read some of Moliere or Voltaire master pieces. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Turogue said:

Again stop being a victim. People with brains don't think that all queer people are exactly the same as if they are clones of one another. Only idiots do that. Hello nuances are a thing.

Yes agreed. However decsion makers who rule countries where gay people are oppressed and are persecuted for being themselves don't generally have brains. It's stuff like what was displayed at the Olympics that sets everyone back and negates the hard work of the people who are fighting for their lives and equality in their countries, because guess what the LGBTQISGDJFKEYEK community is considererd as 1 group to these ignants. 

I don't care where and what sets drag queens put on, but on a platform such as the Olympics, where unity and inclusion should be welcomed there's no need to offend billions of people who view Christianity as something that is sacred and holy to them.

Can you imagine the outrage on this platform if a straight man dressed like britney and decided to shave his head on that stage and then twirl and act crazy as part of his skit. No britney fan would find that funny, that ain't art, it's just disrespectful. Likewise Christians aren't being 'sensitive' for having their sacred beliefs mocked. It needs to stop. 

Edited by Email My D
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, Email My D said:

Yes agreed. However decsion makers who rule countries where gay people are oppressed and are persecuted for being themselves don't generally have brains. It's stuff like what was displayed at the Olympics that sets everyone back and negates the hard work of the people who are fighting for their lives and equality in their countries, because guess what the LGBTQISGDJFKEYEK community is considererd as 1 group to these ignants. 

I don't care where and what sets drag queens put on, but on a platform such as the Olympics, where unity and inclusion should be welcomed there's no need to offend billions of people who view Christianity as something that is sacred and holy to them.

Can you imagine the outrage on this platform if a straight man dressed like britney and decided to shave his head on that stage and then twirl and act crazy as part of his skit. No britney fan would find that funny, that ain't art, it's just disrespectful. Likewise Christians aren't being 'sensitive' for having their sacred beliefs mocked. It needs to stop. 

But Christianity (like many other religions) never had any respect for non-straight people to begin with, it sees them as sinners and as degenerates who will burn in hell. That's why some artists have fun with the portrayal that they constantly get. It's the same approach Lil Nas X and Madonna used. The uproar Madonna caused with Like A Prayer for daring to celebrate her se×uality and for showing a black Jesus in the video (as well as how racism can play out when it comes to profiling) was insane and ridiculous. Do you also think that Monty Python movies are offensive?

I agree that maybe the Olympics wasn't the perfect place for this performance but the thing is that these same people always complain even when it happens on another platform. And they will not stop complaining until everything they see is from a straight perspective. The Pixar Movie Lightyear is another good example. Thanks to the awful power of the internet and social media the fact that there was a lesbian character in a movie aimed at children went viral. Homophobes used the same old tropes. "How do I explain this to my children...There is no need to shove it down our throats, especially not when there are children..." acting as if the movie contained a graphic nude scene . No you see for a split second in the background two women giving each other a harmless kiss (without tongue). For homophobes even that or just two guys holding hands equals se×. By that logic no childrens movies should show any character, including straight ones, displaying affection for another character. The reality is most animated movies and series deal with the topic of love. We all know a scene where a character falls hard for another one and runs around madly with heart 😍 eyes. That's not se×ual but a guy being in love with another guy the reaction is of course "don't shove it down my throat and don't indoctrinate my kid with this nonsense"

There's no need to please bigots. 

Religion doesn't exactly hold inclusion and unity up to a high standard. It drives people apart and condemns innocent people for nothing. 

Edited by Turogue
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.