Celine Dion rumored to perform at 2024 Paris' Olympics

Celine Dion is reportedly making her much-awaited comeback during the Paris Olympics‘ opening ceremony on Friday (July 26), according to Variety.

The “My Heart Will Go On” icon was seen in the French capital on Monday (July 22) at Royal Monceau hotel near the Champs-Élysées, per the publication, though there is no official announcement or any details surrounding her potential performance. Dion previously performed “The Power of the Dream” at the opening ceremony for the 1996 Atlanta Olympics.

If she does take the stage, it will mark Dion’s first performance since she cancelled the dates on her North American Courage world tour before revealing she is fighting Stiff Person Syndrome, a rare neurological disorder that causes severe muscle spasms.

Earlier this month, Today Show host Hoda Kotb told Andy Cohen on an episode of Watch What Happens Live that during a recent sit-down with Dion, the Canadian superstar almost spilled the beans about a potential return to the stage. She explained that when the two were walking around Dion’s property, she asked the singer when she planned to perform again. With Dion’s manager off-camera, Kotb said Celine asked her team, “Can I tell her?,” to which Dion’s team quickly denied.

“So I was like, ‘so there’s something?’,” Kotb recalled. “Whether it’s the Paris Olympics, wouldn’t that be spectacular? Celine Dion at the Paris Olympics… that would be amazing, but I don’t know. I know she’s going to be performing live again.” 

Dion also seeded hope for her return to the stage in her recent Prime Video doc I Am: Celine Dion, in which she said of her determination to perform again: “If I can’t run, I’ll walk. If I can’t walk, I’ll crawl… I won’t stop.”

Amid news that Dion is in Paris and potentially performing at the Olympics opening ceremony, fans have flooded social media with excitement over seeing the superstar back on stage. See some of the best reactions below.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.