Do you like the "If Britney survived 2007..." shirts and mugs?

I know t-shirts and stuff with that phrase has become a thing since like 3 years ago? I remember it was a trend back then almost jumping out of Britney fans' bubble perhaps. But now, what do you think? Fun or not?

e1edb2c22656405015546748d2cca301.jpg

d08274d653b98ae6b9137f9c0d7a727a.jpg

42be25870d61208ff9621c382eaa7b9b.jpg

8ddd03d853c488d8b66c8be5d3a8b9cc.jpg

45521ba5204890a3e72887d7379cdae2.jpg

Edited by Fita
  • Love 1

It has been a thing since forever, I saw them since 10+ years ago.

I admire and respect Britney for having the endurance of surviving every single thing that has happened however, I dont think britney likes them because she is probably sad and ashamed remembering those times

• Like 1

Not sure about these, it’s turning a very dark, very real, very traumatic period of her life into popular culture and almost making light of it. It’s not a fun, lighthearted topic. It was a horrible time for multiple people, including two innocent children who probably didn’t know what on earth was going on. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Dama Etro said:

I don't mind it, but I think Britney does not like this part of her life being romanticised.

1 hour ago, peacht said:

It has been a thing since forever, I saw them since 10+ years ago.

I admire and respect Britney for having the endurance of surviving every single thing that has happened however, I dont think britney likes them because she is probably sad and ashamed remembering those times

28 minutes ago, HairFlipQueen said:

Not sure about these, it’s turning a very dark, very real, very traumatic period of her life into popular culture and almost making light of it. It’s not a fun, lighthearted topic. It was a horrible time for multiple people, including two innocent children who probably didn’t know what on earth was going on. 

Yeah, it has aged differently...

• Love 3

Someone gave me that exact mug and I like it because they saw it and thought of me and I see it is a positive message.

She DID get through that. It’s a bit simplistic and sour given the next 14 years after that. But if you are informed enough you know that she was treated absolutely horrible by everyone and everything, but she got through it. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Corny and insensitive, plus as people who have "been around" Britney communities I think we all just cringe at that saying having seen it 938583 times it's not quirky or original. :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Spoiler

I really hate the "generation" stereotypes, but those mugs and stuff give a specific millennial vibe that makes me and people in my age group cringe... :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

Edited by Baronesse
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.