Interesting video regarding the "gay men's matrix". Interesting watch.

This is very true.

There's nothing more unattractive than a guy who is just solely focused on hooking up and s** and has a massive ego as a result, but are deeply, deeply unhappy.

I've seen it time and time again. I dont even entertain guys like it anymore. 

Like go and sort yourself out, read a book or something...

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Mayenaise said:

This is very true.

There's nothing more unattractive than a guy who is just solely focused on hooking up and s** and has a massive ego as a result, but are deeply, deeply unhappy.

I've seen it time and time again. I dont even entertain guys like it anymore. 

Like go and sort yourself out, read a book or something...

My partner and I have been trying to make it a point to become friends with other gay couples. It's tricky. Men are so opinionated and in hetero relationships, it's the women who usually do the community socializing and connections. I just think it's an interesting observation. Males have such a competitive nature with each other, even close friends. 

7 minutes ago, jordeezy river red said:

My partner and I have been trying to make it a point to become friends with other gay couples. It's tricky. Men are so opinionated and in hetero relationships, it's the women who usually do the community socializing and connections. I just think it's an interesting observation. Males have such a competitive nature with each other, even close friends. 

it's sad to see some guys deeply unhappy, but just going round in circles until they destroy themselves.

It's crazy to me that some people cannot take a step back and see what they are doing to themselves. I've been on the recieving end of trying to help someone like this and by the time they were ready to make a change I had already moved on and let's just say things ended badly for them. They are ok (kinda) now but I still think about the situation and them sometimes.  

It's an area I'm really interested in, even some guys that come out from a young age and seem from the outside to have it all together have deep trauma. I'm really interested in the sources of this and whether its external societal factors or factors within the gay community that cause this, or both... 

59 minutes ago, Mayenaise said:

it's sad to see some guys deeply unhappy, but just going round in circles until they destroy themselves.

It's crazy to me that some people cannot take a step back and see what they are doing to themselves. I've been on the recieving end of trying to help someone like this and by the time they were ready to make a change I had already moved on and let's just say things ended badly for them. They are ok (kinda) now but I still think about the situation and them sometimes.  

It's an area I'm really interested in, even some guys that come out from a young age and seem from the outside to have it all together have deep trauma. I'm really interested in the sources of this and whether its external societal factors or factors within the gay community that cause this, or both... 

Yeah. It's interesting, for sure. Males have an innate need to "spread their seed" and the *******ual community is not immune to this biological aspect. 

2 hours ago, jordeezy river red said:

Yeah. It's interesting, for sure. Males have an innate need to "spread their seed" and the *******ual community is not immune to this biological aspect. 

Most humans have the innate need for s3x, yeah. But when this is the sole focus because you are so far removed from the other aspects of your life and you don't even enjoy it.... That's the issue. The video you posted explores this idea well.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.