"Slumber Party" has now sold over 500,000 units in the US!

1 hour ago, Dama Etro said:

It's honestly impressive. The song was on #86 for exactly 1 week on the charts.

Streaming is what keeps these songs alive. If this was released in 1997 and was number 86 on the charts I guarantee you he wouldn't have sold 500,000 records years later. So it's actually not that impressive to be honest because I'm sure of the songs that didn't even make the top 100 have sold more than 3 million copies

19 hours ago, AII said:

Streaming is what keeps these songs alive. If this was released in 1997 and was number 86 on the charts I guarantee you he wouldn't have sold 500,000 records years later. So it's actually not that impressive to be honest because I'm sure of the songs that didn't even make the top 100 have sold more than 3 million copies

Good for you. A song that sells 500k+ units with 1 week on the charts is impressive, no matter how you want to spin it. Are there other artists who do impressive things too, or perhaps more impressive? Of course. But it is not about them here, is it? Unless you try to find negativity in everything, of course.

• Like 3

I love this song so much

One day I hope it gets popular again,

I just put this one, Make Me and Just Like Me on a new pop playlists with Tate McRae, Billie's new songs, Madison Beer, Sabrina, Ariana and JB.

Edited by Jup1ter
3 hours ago, Dama Etro said:

Good for you. A song that sells 500k+ units with 1 week on the charts is impressive, no matter how you want to spin it. Are there other artists who do impressive things too, or perhaps more impressive? Of course. But it is not about them here, is it? Unless you try to find negativity in everything, of course.

If it sold in 1 week it's impressive. This took years to get there. 

22 hours ago, AII said:

At least the streaming accounts for all the pirating and illegal downloads. It would have been even larger back then if they counted streaming.

8 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

At least the streaming accounts for all the pirating and illegal downloads. It would have been even larger back then if they counted streaming.

But then so would all the other songs as well. So it's relative. 

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, AII said:

But then so would all the other songs as well. So it's relative. 

Sure, but 90s Britney would outsurpass them.

I think I randomly read somewhere that Glory was illegally downloaded 70 million times and was the highest pirated album in 2016 or something crazy like that

Edited by ObsessedBritFan1
3 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Sure, but 90s Britney would outsurpass them.

I think I randomly read somewhere that Glory was illegally downloaded 70 million times and was the highest pirated album in 2016 or something crazy like that

Which means other albums would have been illegally downloaded more.  It's all relative.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.