Is Britney The Ultimate Underdog?

Just now, DiamondCircus said:

I'd agree if she still wasn't having the impact she's having with stadium tours, hit after hit, huge album sales in this day and age.

Taylor still has a lot of growing and full career ahead I think the next 5 years will tell, but I think someday she will be in the Rock and Roll hall of fame.

I think some people just have IT…and Taylor isn’t one of them. Look at Lady Gaga, look at Madonna, look at Rihanna, look at Beyonce…they were creating moments right at the start of their careers. Taylor is a slow burn with not a lot cultural impact except manipulated record sales i’m afraid. 

One of her biggest pop cultural moment…if not her biggest was getting publicly berated by Kanye at the VMAs..and that says it all.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, monalisaney81 said:

I think some people just have IT…and Taylor isn’t one of them. Look at Lady Gaga, look at Madonna, look at Rihanna, look at Beyonce…they were creating moments right at the start of their careers. Taylor is a slow burn with not a lot cultural impact except manipulated record sales i’m afraid. 

One of her biggest pop cultural moment…if not her biggest was getting publicly berated by Kanye at the VMAs..and that says it all.

It's like the legendary Whitney Houston once said you don't have to put on a Halloween costume to perform.

Taylor started out in country music and crossed over flawlessly, I could see why people might be bored she writes her own songs, sings live and doesn't have to take off all her clothes or reach for attention for sales.

Edited by DiamondCircus
Just now, DiamondCircus said:

It's like the legendary Whitney Houston once said you don't have to put on a Halloween costume to perform.

Taylor started out in country music and crossed over flawlessly, I could see why people might be bored she writes her own songs, sings live and doesn't have to take off all her clothes or reach for attention for sales.

Call it what you want, Taylor is not the pop culture icon she presents herself to be. Even Kim is more iconic than her & she’s not even in music. But let's agree to disagree. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.