How useful are ''mental health journals''? Cuz they are pricy as f

20 euros for 75 pages (2 months)! **** YOU CROATIA!

Though, if I got my hands on that one and the anti stress one, I'd shamelessly photocopy them because I'm not paying 20 euros every 2 months for a ******* journal.

Have you ever used those?

Are they of any use?

If you know me, I had a big of a oopsie last year on exhale and I got scars from that night...Maybe 20 euros of investment isn't that bad. But its 20 ******* euros.

No, I dont have a psychiatrist so I cant ask anyone else about this.

If you have iPhone, Apple just put out an app called Journal for journaling. I haven’t used it yet, but if you have iPhone, it might be something to check out.

And since Apple made it, it’s automatically installed in the latest update and it’s free.

Edited by The Femme Fatale
  • Love 1

I'm doing prayers, meditation, contact with friends, having a tourmaline crystal in my hand before going to bed (I got rid of headache and fever during illness many times thanks to it), trying to feel only love for others and possibly neutrality towards bad people and being able to forgive.

• Love 3
  • 3 months later...

Pricey journals can definitely sting the wallet, but I've found mental health journals to be worth their weight in gold.  It's like having a safe space to dump your brain on paper, sort through your emotional laundry, and identify any recurring patterns.  Sometimes, just the act of putting pen to paper can be incredibly cathartic.
MentalHealth.com has some free printable templates you can use if you don't want to buy a fancy journal.  But even a blank notebook can work wonders!
The key is finding a format that works for you.  Bullet points, mind maps, whatever helps you unpack your thoughts and feelings. 

Edited by Bayetagl
  • Love 2
On 1/3/2024 at 11:42 AM, Wendy Williams said:

I'm doing prayers, meditation, contact with friends, having a tourmaline crystal in my hand before going to bed (I got rid of headache and fever during illness many times thanks to it), trying to feel only love for others and possibly neutrality towards bad people and being able to forgive.

:tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily: love this. So you just hold your tourmaline in your hands... For what amount of time?

• Love 2
On 1/3/2024 at 3:42 PM, Wendy Williams said:

HI SHAWN!

d5671dd84f1a4d35970bda829129a213_xl.jpg

On 4/15/2024 at 7:26 PM, ogbonnayauche said:

I hear you, mental health journals can be pretty pricey. In my experience, though, they can be really helpful if you're into journaling or find writing therapeutic.

I suck at journaling but the one you see on TikTok and You Tube- full of stickers and tapes, in 100 colors per page.

I just slam text and don't give a single **** about the aesthetics of it.

An example I'd never be capable of (due to laziness, lack of creativity, being naturally messy and all over the place): 

Even if you have me 10 boxes of colors and stickers, I'd still be to ignorant to do it. It looks nice though. Not sure are those useful. I feel like they are doing this crap for aesthetics only.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block