Katy Perry finalizing most ‘personal album ever’ and gears up for world tour

CentralCJ

4 hours ago, LeglessJamie said:

Saw her live during Prismatic World Tour. Left before the show was 3/4 through.

Her vocals were HORRIBLE. I'd rather have her playback. It honestly was the worst live concert experience I ever had and I have been to quite a lot of artists ranging from Tokio Hotel to Bastille to Celine Dion ...

a lil bit the same with madonna but exactly the same factors made me completely ignore it... Tonight Show Dancing GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallonfunny face 80s GIF

Edited by trip to my touch
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, LeglessJamie said:

Her vocals were HORRIBLE. I'd rather have her playback. It honestly was the worst live concert experience I ever had and I have been to quite a lot of artists ranging from Tokio Hotel to Bastille to Celine Dion ...

Jesus, it wasn't that bad. I had a ton of fun! It was so campy and flashy.

9 hours ago, LeglessJamie said:

It honestly was. 

My top 3 worst concerts I ever been to definitely are:

1. Katy Perry 

2. Madonna

3. Ellie Goulding

Which Madonna concert?

I saw Ellie Goulding a few years ago having zero expectations and I was so blown away by her voice and the amount of bops she had :wow_surprised_shocked_omg: I’m really surprised you said that… but then again, if I had to compare it to Britney, Dua, or Kylie who's tours are on a grander scale, then ok I can see that

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Which Madonna concert?

I saw Ellie Goulding a few years ago having zero expectations and I was so blown away by her voice and the amount of bops she had :wow_surprised_shocked_omg: I’m really surprised you said that… but then again, if I had to compare it to Britney, Dua, or Kylie who's tours are on a grander scale, then ok I can see that

Both Sticky and Sweet and Rebel Heart tours. Both were just painful allthough I did enjoy Rebel Heart more.

Yes, I saw Dua Lipa, Britney, ... all live. Dua Lipa with her Future Nostalgia tour was one of the best shows in a long time. She really knew how to make it a party from the beginning to end.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, LeglessJamie said:

Both Sticky and Sweet and Rebel Heart tours. Both were just painful allthough I did enjoy Rebel Heart more.

Yes, I saw Dua Lipa, Britney, ... all live. Dua Lipa with her Future Nostalgia tour was one of the best shows in a long time. She really knew how to make it a party from the beginning to end.

Madonna sucks too, she can't even sing her Ray Of Light in original key.

• Like 1
On 12/28/2023 at 7:51 AM, LeglessJamie said:

It honestly was. 

My top 3 worst concerts I ever been to definitely are:

1. Katy Perry 

2. Madonna

3. Ellie Goulding

Sorry but Katy is very entertaining live. Seems like you just hating to hate. I understand Madonna as she’s not been good since MDNA tour in 2012 but Katy is a great performer and has endless hits catalogue. She may not be popular anymore but neither is Britney. I’d argue and say the worst show I’ve been to is POM and femme fatale tour… 

2 hours ago, Blackout Britney said:

Sorry but Katy is very entertaining live. Seems like you just hating to hate. I understand Madonna as she’s not been good since MDNA tour in 2012 but Katy is a great performer and has endless hits catalogue. She may not be popular anymore but neither is Britney. I’d argue and say the worst show I’ve been to is POM and femme fatale tour… 

Hating to hate? I think I've been to a fair amount of concerts of DIFFERENT artists to be able to compare.

Katy literally sounds like a cat getting choked. Her live vocals are a pain to the ear and I would MUCH prefer her to start lipsynching. Yes, she does have hits that get people dancing but it's nowhere near the party that Dua Lipa threw for example.

She also barely had communication, at least on our show. Even Britney talked more to us and we all know she barely does.

Katy's visuals weren't also that great whereas Britney for example, has BRILLIANT backdrops.

The nostalgia that Piece Of Me brought with all the classics such as Crazy and Oops that weren't performed for quite a few years made it so that people were up dancing from the start till the end, again, at least at my show. If you're talking about entertaining, the general audience as well as myself liked Piece Of Me far better than the Prismatic Tour. 

I did forget about the Femme Fatale Tour which was indeed a bad show. 

• Love 1
On 12/27/2023 at 11:54 PM, LeglessJamie said:

I actually saw her at Prismatic Tour and I really like the show, it was colorful, flashy, entertaining, she actually sounded good and overall I was leaving the show in a good mood and entertained.

Musically Im wondering what can Katy bring new to the table? What will be her direction. Visually she was always very camp which was fun back then however now most of her core audience and she as well outgrew all those gimmicks so lets see. As Britney would say "you have to wait and see" :)

Also me everytime I read "my most personal album yet" LOL Come On Please GIF by NBA

Edited by MIKE_INT
  • Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.