''Straight alfa bro''-'' Listening to Lana Del Rey is a red flag'', Lana responds to him

4 minutes ago, Ilyana rasputin said:

I love her music and used to listen to it alot but I feel it's very consuming and the themes are quite depressing and not very empowering. She influenced alot of young gays and girls in the last 10 years. She is a genius but the daddy issues, self destructive vibe isn't healthy. 

It's faux feel-good melancholy though, not genuine self-destruction. Amy Winehouse was more the real deal.

As for Lana, I've found people who listen to her tend to be quite chill and the opposite of depressing.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Cancer said:

It's faux feel-good melancholy though, not genuine self-destruction. Amy Winehouse was more the real deal.

As for Lana, I've found people who listen to her tend to be quite chill and the opposite of depressing.

I'm talking when she first came out 2011 to 2016, her music was very  nihilistic. Amy is a genius and feels more of an immediate extention of who she is but Lizzie create a super iconic persona who has been extremely influential. Her music has chilled alot in the last 5 years. 

5 minutes ago, Ilyana rasputin said:

I'm talking when she first came out 2011 to 2016, her music was very  nihilistic. Amy is a genius and feels more of an immediate extention of who she is but Lizzie create a super iconic persona who has been extremely influential. Her music has chilled alot in the last 5 years. 

Born to die:

No, it was heavily Lolita inspired.

Off to Races has a literal quote from the book

Lolita- self explanatory

Carmen- one of the books characters

Ultraviolence was pure sad girl tumblr in form of an album

Edited by Neydelinska Spearsi

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.