Lana Del Rey joins Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey as the only American artists to earn a BRIT Billion Award, honoring the achievement of one BILLION streams in the UK. πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§

In addition, Lana Del Rey becomes the 18th recipient of the BRIT Billion Award, honoring artists with over one BILLION digital streams in the UK. She joins:Β 

ABBA
AJ Tracey
Anne-Marie
Coldplay
Ellie Goulding
George Ezra
Headie One
Mariah Carey
Lewis Capaldi
RayeΒ 
Rita Ora
Sam Smith
Whitney Houston
James ArthurΒ 
Years & Years
Becky Hill
Clean Bandit

I never got the Lana hype. Her image and voice are more manufactured than her lips and she doesn't have any of the natural charisma and talent that Britney had to make up for it. I really thought her career would be 15 minutes and goodbye. I am shocked she is still around.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Viking84 said:

I never got the Lana hype. Her image and voice are more manufactured than her lips and she doesn't have any of the natural charisma and talent that Britney had to make up for it. I really thought her career would be 15 minutes and goodbye. I am shocked she is still around.

She has a dedicated fanbase. Her songs do get repetitive, but she is still very artistic.:mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Viking84 said:

There is so much wrong with this post, not even going to bother.Β 

All I will say is that there’s a reason why she’s still around and making music. She’s delivered incredible bodies of work and has made some of the most timeless music of the last 15 years. Albums like β€˜Ultraviolence’ and β€˜NFR’ couldn’t be more far from being β€œmanufactured”.Β 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—