What if AI ruins the music industry?

For now, we can distinguish AI from real singers but at this rate, how much time do we have left? I don't trust leaks anymore. Kids are bored and AI exists.

I can totally imagine a world where singers use this bs to make albums. Fans will make them for sure.

And then, the music as we used to know will be long gone.

Nothing genuine about it. No more passion, no more excitement, no real memories that go along with the songs. Just sheer AI. Bland, fake, with no essence.

Basically, we are getting Ashley O world where if you have all syllables from a singer you can extract a whole album. I think that sci fi is becoming a reality and it's horrifying.

I hate all these AI creator studios and tools. They are scary.

And I won't even bother thinking how real deepfakes will look like in a decade or two. It's a technology I'm not comfortable with.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Neydelinska Spearsi said:

For now, we can distinguish AI from real singers but at this rate, how much time do we have left? I don't trust leaks anymore. Kids are bored and AI exists.

I can totally imagine a world where singers use this bs to make albums. Fans will make them for sure.

And then, the music as we used to know will be long gone.

Nothing genuine about it. No more passion, no more excitement, no real memories that go along with the songs. Just sheer AI. Bland, fake, with no essence.

Basically, we are getting Ashley O world where if you have all syllables from a singer you can extract a whole album. I think that sci fi is becoming a reality and it's horrifying.

I hate all these AI creator studios and tools. They are scary.

And I won't even bother thinking how real deepfakes will look like in a decade or two. It's a technology I'm not comfortable with.

You're basically right.  

But AI will never learn humanity. When I heard some 'better demo' from Britney, I knew that Britney sounds kinda different and above all she would deliver it in a significantly different way. Also those demo recordings lack breathing during singing. These AI recordings are more suitable for fulfilling the idea of how the song would suit someone, or a great replacement for a demo singers.

• Love 2

Well, considering that no singer actually sounds like the record... That they edit everything in the studio. 

And even in a live setting they use a lot of pre settings to make the voice sound a certain way... 

We actually don't know how much the singers sound like for real. 

Everything is edited re filmed and re done. That how the  entertainment industry is. 

Ai as an official release in the future is a possibility. Just look at what they do nowadays with tik tok trends. They release sped up versions of songs and even unreleased songs what were leaked years ago as official releases. 

So Ai is going to be a possibility specially when artists are no longer with us. 

Ariana " singing" envolver and Gaga " singing" video games are disturbing and incredible well done. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, AnthonyJeweller said:

I don't think "AI" is going to replace artists singing songs.

People will no doubt carry on using it to create the sorts of things we've been seeing recently, but most singers actually like doing their job. 

Mariah Carey Singing GIF by BET Awards

How about milking every dead celebrity by replacing them with a hologram?

Edited by Neydelinska Spearsi
  • Love 2
  • Like 1

It's possible that it could be viewed in a similar light to fan-edits. While interesting to look at, the fact that it's not the real thing may lead to it being perceived as less serious or authentic. It's also possible that they may not hold the same emotional resonance or cultural significance as artists' original works. As a result, it's possible that these AI-generated works may not be as highly valued or cared about as much as the original works.

Just now, Neydelinska Spearsi said:

How about milking every death celebrity by replacing them with a hologram?

Well, okay. Yes, but that's different because that's just a recording of a real person projected on a sheer screen lip-syncing to original songs.

If RCA announced a "brand new" album from Whitney created from AI, I'd be horrified.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, IJustWantUToBeHappy3x said:

Whitney is irreplaceable because no matter when, she had 99% flawless pitch, and Mariah didn't, so this recording sounds ridiculous because Whitney wouldn't have made so many mistakes with her voice :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

When I say it sounds real I mean the tone of the voice in parts, not (obviously) the AI's ability (or lack of) to replicate the song to Whitney's standard of singing.

Did we have to use this as an opportunity to drag Mariah?:whitneyshade_whitney_Houston_mad_really_blink_seriously_hmm_umm_done::inbed_ahs_hotel_sarah_paulson_grin_smirk_cackle_bed_reading_phone:

• Like 2
1 minute ago, AnthonyJeweller said:

When I say it sounds real I mean the tone of the voice in parts, not (obviously) the AI's ability (or lack of) to replicate the song to Whitney's standard of singing.

Did we have to use this as an opportunity to drag Mariah?:whitneyshade_whitney_Houston_mad_really_blink_seriously_hmm_umm_done::inbed_ahs_hotel_sarah_paulson_grin_smirk_cackle_bed_reading_phone:

:ricackle_rihanna_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe:

No don't take it as drag at Mariah. I'm just saying that Whitney was worked with her voice totally different than Mariah. They both have completely different style of singing, so it's impossible to let both singing songs from each other and with the same way like original.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, IJustWantUToBeHappy3x said:

:ricackle_rihanna_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe:

No don't take it as drag at Mariah. I'm just saying that Whitney was worked with her voice totally different than Mariah. They both have completely different style of singing, so it's impossible to let both singing songs from each other and with the same way like original.

Ooooh I see what you mean! I apologise! :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, i sometimes sing live said:

That is to assume artists would even want to go near that sh-t. Maybe some super manufactured ones might, but most artists have respect for themselves and their art. I could see it being used for virtual singers, though:

These are voiced by real people, but you get the idea. :typing_keyboard_computer:

sorry but this music is a bop :bparty_piece_of_me_pom_britney_clubbing_blackout_2007_dancing_dance:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.