Antisemitism and racism are flooding the twitter

Racist, antisemitic tweets quickly spread after Musk Twitter takeover

''Racist and antisemitic tweets quickly spread on Twitter following Elon Musk’s takeover of the company on Thursday, The Washington Post reported on Friday.

Musk closed the deal on his $44 billion acquisition of Twitter on Thursday night and reportedly fired CEO Parag Agrawal, Chief Financial Officer Ned Segal and other top Twitter executives. 

The Tesla and SpaceX CEO, who describes himself as a “free speech absolutist,” is expected to take a much laxer approach to content moderation than Twitter’s previous leadership. However, Musk told advertisers in a letter Thursday morning that the platform cannot become a “free-for-all hellscape.”

While Twitter has yet to announce any official changes to the site’s content moderation, users reportedly appeared emboldened to push the limits following the takeover, using racist, antisemitic and homophobic slurs. 

Some users tweeted out entire posts that repeated one racial slur over and over in all caps, while others posted **** memes.''

GettyImages-1240311179.jpg?w=1440&q=75

740d4ccb0ba84a16b21fd61ba182f4f2.jpg?str
THEHILL.COM

Racist and antisemitic tweets quickly spread on Twitter following Elon Musk’s takeover of the company on Thursday, The Washington Post reported on Friday. Musk closed the deal on his $44 billi…

The Democratic Party controls the media,   They controlled Twitter and are scared they will no longer control the narrative.    The racism is because the N word was used by 300 accts and repeatedly in tweets.   Those tweets were from libs upset Elon Musk took over Twitter.   

• Love 1
  • Like 2
8 minutes ago, monti50 said:

The Democratic Party controls the media,   They controlled Twitter and are scared they will no longer control the narrative.    The racism is because the N word was used by 300 accts and repeatedly in tweets.   Those tweets were from libs upset Elon Musk took over Twitter.   

Lmao, the incompetent Elon will run Twitter into the ground by the end of the year. That’s what people are worried about. 

Daily I see fans of his having meltdowns at people pointing out how his takeover of the company is already a disaster.

• Haha 3
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, The Greatest Show said:

Oh no how will we all survive? :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

I can't even imagine reading all these hateful comments as a person of color or a jew... That's not what freedom of speech is about to me. 

It doesn't allow you to hate and being a d-bag. 

And there are freaks out there, i always say: The biggest mistake was the access to the internet for everybody. 

11 hours ago, Alexanda said:

I can't even imagine reading all these hateful comments as a person of color or a jew... That's not what freedom of speech is about to me. 

It doesn't allow you to hate and being a d-bag. 

And there are freaks out there, i always say: The biggest mistake was the access to the internet for everybody. 

You can customize your feed. Ban all the words you don't like and you will never have to see them. 

• Love 2
  • 4 months later...

Well, that's what I consider: unfortunately, it's not so surprising that an unmoderated and anonymous-user-based platform on the internet can quickly turn into a breeding ground for racism and other forms of hate speech. When people can hide behind the anonymity of a screen name, they often feel emboldened to say things they might not otherwise say in public or to people's faces. And when there's no moderation to keep things in check, things can quickly get out of hand. It's kind of like a free-for-all, where everyone is shouting at once, and the loudest, most extreme voices tend to rise to the top. And if those voices are racist or otherwise bigoted, then it can create a toxic environment where people feel unwelcome and unsafe. By the way, I found all these out on https://edubirdie.com/examples/racism/ because once I received an academic task about racism and these essay examples helped me learn more on this topic. Moreover, I consider that this source will determine our folk to be more conscious when it comes to such a serious theme.

Edited by brytneyknowsyou

First of all, those problems have been on Twitter (and the internet in general) since those things came into existence...this isn't new at all.

Racism and anti-semitism are the least of one's problems for some people on twitter. In fact, you might even find those things here on exhale! Twitter provides even nastier ****; r*** threats, death threats, threats to cut off your dog's head etc.

Just click the logout button. I never understood the fascination with this basic website anyway.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block