GIF Request

DignifiedLove

2 hours ago, DougFromBrazilIsBack said:

Please mods @Slayer @PokemonSpears and owner @Jordan Miller to remove this gif and lock this thread.

that gif is disrespectful to the person who is the subject.

It could be construed as racist since historically racists referred to black people as “monkeys” and “apes” so photoshopping a monkey’s face to a black person’s body can definitely be seen as inappropriate and disrespectful or racist. I think the GIF without the photoshop is okay but with the edit is kind of uncomfortable. IMO

8 minutes ago, x.rox said:

It could be construed as racist since historically racists referred to black people as “monkeys” and “apes” so photoshopping a monkey’s face to a black person’s body can definitely be seen as inappropriate and disrespectful or racist. I think the GIF without the photoshop is okay but with the edit is kind of uncomfortable. IMO

Gosh...I'm sick of these... :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

Just now, BananaBoy98 said:

Gosh...I'm sick of these... :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

Sick of what? People who try to be relatively mindful and considerate of others given the cultural landscape we are in today? 

I’m sick of careless people who don’t think of anyone but themselves. :pieceofwhat_britney_awkward:

Also, warning that something can be construed as racist isn’t calling something racist. It’s simply stating it’s *possible* for something to be interpreted as disrespectful or inappropriate. 

1 hour ago, x.rox said:

Sick of what? People who try to be relatively mindful and considerate of others given the cultural landscape we are in today? 

I’m sick of careless people who don’t think of anyone but themselves. :pieceofwhat_britney_awkward:

Also, warning that something can be construed as racist isn’t calling something racist. It’s simply stating it’s *possible* for something to be interpreted as disrespectful or inappropriate. 

I'm sick of people what everywhere must bring up how is everything and everybody racist & etc. Omg, i miss old years when nobody when annoying and jokes were just jokes.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.