Britney and Elton John's remix of "Hold Me Closer" has surfaced

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Please do not share download links.

Definitely a radio-friendly song.

Does it have the edge of Cold Heart ? Nope. Will it have the same longevity ? Not sure either.

It's still a very uplifting track that the GP might definitely like. I just hope there will be a bit of promo. And that there will be club remixes as well.

• Love 8

I did a video reaction as soon as the link made it somehow at my Dm's :bieber_justin_smirk_weird:

This song is a grower, I'm glad Elthon let Britney to take the lead the way now Cause he wanted her to take the wheel, He's never been a passenger though, He never knew how good it would feel  :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

Britney you shine!

EDIT: I won't upload the video until the song is released officially

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Alexio said:

Definitely a radio-friendly song.

Does it have the edge of Cold Heart ? Nope. Will it have the same longevity ? Not sure either.

It's still a very uplifting track that the GP might definitely like. I just hope there will be a bit of promo. And that there will be club remixes as well.

I think its not the typical Britney-Smash. For me, its more like a grower and so i think it could have longevity.

Normally her frist singles peak high but stay short. This could turn out to be a game changer for her. 

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, Markoct said:

How anyone figured the lyrics? There are a few lines i cant figure. Seems like the only thing they kept from the original is the chorus. 

Hold me closer 

Hold me closer 
Oh baby 
Hold me closer 
Hold me closer 

I saw you dancing out the ocean
 Running fast along the sand
 A spirit born of earth and water 
 Baby 
Fire flying from your hands 

Hold me closer, tiny dancer 
Count the headlights on the highway 
Lay me down in sheets of linen 
You had a busy day today 

Hold me closer… 

There are caravans we follow 
Drunken nights in dark hotels 
Baby 
When chances breathe between the silence 
Where s** and love no longer gel 

Hold me closer, tiny dancer 
Count the headlights on the highway
 Baby
 Lay me down in sheets of linen 
You had a busy day today 

Hold me closer 
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Heyah said:

I like it. But the vocals sound odd in parts - I like that I can’t hear auto tune, but wish Britney had been a little less forceful in her singing. I get she is trying to prove herself but understated, nuanced singing has its appeal as well. Also, the voice reverberations they added in parts doesn’t sound great. 

The above was written when listening with AirPods.

I finally played the song loud on my Sonos surround sound system and the song sounds great and the imperfections are less obvious - it’s such a catchy, danceable melody and I can see it performing really well on the charts  

:bouncey:

• Love 1

This song has a potential to be hit. Her vocals very Britney. I hope they shot a official video for it. Probably Britney won't bother to do that and I don't want animated video but some official video with actors may work. So many singers has that kinda successful videos without their appearance. For example Beyonce Running'(lose it all). TikTok is necessary for song popularity these days. Like it seems the only way to reach Gen Z. I hope some people will come up with creative videos there to make this song popular.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, GermanBritLover said:

Not here for the negativtiy. From what I've heard, I'm super impressed. And once again Brit shows: HER VOICE IS UNIQUE. There's no one who can sing "BABY" like Brit. I love that voice, it's this voice that made us fans. So let's stick together and promote that song next week like our lives depend on it !!!!!!!!! Someone better think of a TikTok (Boom) Challenge!!! Already thinking about a move for the chorus ...... PEACE 

Hello :bieber_justin_smirk_weird: won't you hold me closer? :katybelt_perry_witness_yelling_singing:

• Love 2

I have an idea (cuz Geminis ALWAYS have ideas) :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

TIKTOK is the main platform/social media to spread the tea... so...!

Maybe this song is for the next kind of videos: landscapes, loved ones (couples, throuples, friends, trips, hugs with you pets)

so why don't we all go and do these kind of videos as soon as the song is released officially? 

smth like this:

Imagine all those with HMC background music :bouncey:

• Love 2
  • Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.