Does your family support you for being gay?

BritneyLVR

Thankfully mine does but I know there’s a lot that don’t have the support of their family and it breaks my heart. What is your story if you don’t mind sharing :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

My mom walked me down the aisle and those moments before the doors opened where she would walk me down the aisle to my soon to be husband was so beautiful. I will never forget our little talk. I wished everyone had that same acceptance :canthandleit_cry_katy_sob_sad_tears:

Just know that if you ever need anyone to talk to I’m here :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

• Love 3

That's lovely your mum walked you down the aisle. How long have you been married for? 

Thankfully, my mum and dad (before he passed) always supported me and I know I'm fortunate to have that. 

Unfortunately, it wasn't the same for one of my best friend's. When he came out in his late 20's his parents really struggled to come to terms with it, and deep down I think he was struggling too and that's why he waiting so long.

My mum really stepped up to the mark, and without any encouragement from me, she supported him in so many ways and I've witnessed him become more comfortable in himself as a result of her selflessness. :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

38 minutes ago, rennen2.0 said:

That's lovely your mum walked you down the aisle. How long have you been married for? 

Thankfully, my mum and dad (before he passed) always supported me and I know I'm fortunate to have that. 

Unfortunately, it wasn't the same for one of my best friend's. When he came out in his late 20's his parents really struggled to come to terms with it, and deep down I think he was struggling too and that's why he waiting so long.

My mum really stepped up to the mark, and without any encouragement from me, she supported him in so many ways and I've witnessed him become more comfortable in himself as a result of her selflessness. :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

:crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad: I’m so sorry for your loss. I’m glad you had that acceptance and support!!! We’ve been married for over 3 years now :awyeah_britney_yes_yas:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block