Listen to the classical Music that influenced Janet Jackson's 2001 hit someone to call my lover.

So in 2001, Janet had her final big global hit in the summer of 2001 with the #3 hot 100 but topped the single sales chart, with Someone to call my lover. 

While the track is infamous for its Ventura highway sample, but what most people don't know is ot actually sampled a piece of classical Music sped up..

Janet was a fan of this song as it was in musicals she watched after school but didn't know the composer or the song 

The artist is Eric Satie, and she took a part one of his six part composition of the song 

Immediately even in it's very original speed... I went to the whole. I Ey, I Ey, I ey.

And i heard how she sang the song and another instrumentation..

So she not only sang the song in this Keys composition but also sped up a part of the track in which is was sampled into the music. 

I think it wasnt credited as it went into public domain which means legally she did by have to give legal credit.

But she acknowledges it all the time.

@Brat

@Jordan Miller

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Irvine said:

welp maybe im not talented enough but I see nothing similar

https://fb.watch/bd2S2IvR26/https://fb.watch/bd2S2IvR26/

hopefully this links helps..

she sped up the tempo to 4/4 instead of the normal 3/4 tempo..

nobody even on YouTube even talks about this. 

this is actually sad as classical Music was the original pop Music and eric satie from my research was as a rock star you get from the late 1800s to early 1900s. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.