Courtney Love says she misses acting and she stopped being capable of it after "a bunch of #MeToos”

Invitation

• Content Curators

Courtney Love was successful in the 90s, and received a Golden Globe nomination for her role in "The People vs. Larry Flynt", but she quit shortly after the successful breakthrough. She said she missed acting, but she revealed that she decided to quit due to ***ual harassment and assault in the filming industry.rsz_18llnmauc2uhy.jpg.b7a80575607f92b3f4e8df5a372983b8.jpg

“I sure do miss acting sometimes. To the tune of a great director. One of the greatest experiences, as a woman you can have, I think. All the glamour that comes after that is fun, flamboyant, gorgeous. But the trust one can achieve with a great director? It’s one of the most profound things I’ve ever known,” she wrote on Instagram.

“For a few years, because of Milos Forman, I was a professional actress and a movie star. It was fun as hell,” she added. “I was nominated for best actress, for a Golden Globe. One day I might talk about it. I love acting… I stopped being capable of it after a bunch of #metoos. No one would believe me, and it wouldn’t stop. So I left, and it left. And I’m good with it. Maybe, in my next life I’ll be stronger and able to endure it. I tip my hat to those who can.”

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.