umr3000

Next year; 2018 marks Britney Spears' 20th anniversary since she made her debut with "...Baby One More Time". 

The last four years have been predominately spent performing the "Piece Of Me" show in Las Vegas which has run successfully and has been a game changer of sorts. It has allowed Britney to gain  consistency and stability and to build up her confidence and performance levels to varied degrees of success. In this time she has also released new music which has had limited commercial success mainly due to the fact that the residency has been the main focus and the music releases have been treated as mearly add-on's  especially in the case of "Britney Jean". 

I personally think 2 years of Britney's Las Vegas residency would have and should have been sufficient enough however that was not the case and it was extended. Now that it is finally coming to an end come December this year I think it's a great time to look ahead to 2018... 

Personally, as a long-time Britney supporter/fan I think it's important that in 2018 Britney moves away from relying on performing solely past hits and becoming almost a nostalgic act of the nineties / noughties which she is currently running the risk of doing. Although, 2018 is an anniversary year I think it should be marked and celebrated by Britney solely focussed on creating and releasing new music that is promoted extensively worldwide with standout stage performances, creative visuals, and pathbreaking music videos... all the things Britney has built her caeeer on for the majority of the past 20 years. 

"Glory" was a step in the right direction I would like Britney to continue in this vein and challenge herself both vocally and sonically. 

2018 would be a great opportunity for Britney to hire a new creative team including choreographers and performance directors and even new dancers to bring a new energy and vibe to her act and hopefully an improved performance level. 

Britney had come a long way since her infamous 2007 breakdown but there's still more to give and contribute... here's hoping 2018 is a time for creativity and innovation and "thinking outside the box" by Britney and her team rather than going through the motions and relying on the glorious past. Time to forge ahead and be relevant again, I say. Time for Britney to reconnect with audiences. Time for Britney to be bold and brave and cool again. 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Paris Hilton $
19 minutes ago, Nocturney said:

she should retire next year before her career turns into a joke.

:xcuseme:

No. Her next era will be decisive for me, if I'm not satisfied then I'll just leave the army :arianabye:

It'll be symbolic. B10 and anniversary at the same time :orly:

POM will end at the end of the year, which means that every future performances will have new choreographies. We know that when she wants to, she can be incredible. She has a huge potential and skills. She has learnt the POM choreographies in a certain way (a way in which she skips the moves) and since then she didn't relearn them or even rehearse them. :awyeah:

So once that joke ends, we'll see how Britney's career will turn. And it will be decisive for lots of fans. Hope that her and her team understand the situation

Tiaras.gif

honestly im not getting my hopes up why? because its typical britney when she releases new album she rests the following year. :jfallonlol:in this case she has residency and tour not an album. but after hundreds of shows in 2018 she will rest :surething: yeah its sad but i think its true. she will celebrate it MAYBE with a cake and with larry. and definitely a post on insta "i cant believe its been 20 years thank you all of my fans without you i wouldn't be here" :britoverit: im not kidding tho seriously this is what i think

18 minutes ago, Paris Hilton $ said:

:xcuseme:

No. Her next era will be decisive for me, if I'm not satisfied then I'll just leave the army :arianabye:

It'll be symbolic. B10 and anniversary at the same time :orly:

POM will end at the end of the year, which means that every future performances will have new choreographies. We know that when she wants to, she can be incredible. She has a huge potential and skills. She has learnt the POM choreographies in a certain way (a way in which she skips the moves) and since then she didn't relearn them or even rehearse them. :awyeah:

So once that joke ends, we'll see how Britney's career will turn. And it will be decisive for lots of fans. Hope that her and her team understand the situation

Tiaras.gif

That's the little improvement. If she cant become the best she could be all these years at Pom with all that time and solid stage. I don't see how there can be much improvement after.

1 hour ago, Spearsfan said:

I hope she slays us but I have seen little improvement.

So I'm just gonna expect a greatest hits with no new music and wait for more meltdowns :foh:

I think she will have a break in 2018 but I think she will be better on the next era..,,, I see a  reinvention ........

in 2019 or 2020  :sickofu:

1 hour ago, LANA B QUEEN said:

honestly im not getting my hopes up why? because its typical britney when she releases new album she rests the following year. :jfallonlol:in this case she has residency and tour not an album. but after hundreds of shows in 2018 she will rest :surething: yeah its sad but i think its true. she will celebrate it MAYBE with a cake and with larry. and definitely a post on insta "i cant believe its been 20 years thank you all of my fans without you i wouldn't be here" :britoverit: im not kidding tho seriously this is what i think

You are not kidding.. you're right... but she deserves a break in 2018... I feel like this year everybody is in break, I can't find new music

4 minutes ago, Denise said:

I think she will have a break in 2018 but I think she will be better on the next era..,,, I see a  reinvention ........

in 2019 or 2020  :sickofu:

I hope so.

I hope they at least will do a magazine here and there plus a few promo tracks

They need to build hype. They haven't been able to do that since FF. 

3 minutes ago, Denise said:

You are not kidding.. you're right... but she deserves a break in 2018... I feel like this year everybody is in break, I can't find new music

yeah next year will  music BOOMING   :jfallonlol: like in 2011 i remember in 2011 everybody were putting out  music it was a good year

2 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I hope so.

I hope they at least will do a magazine here and there plus a few promo tracks

They need to build hype. They haven't been able to do that since FF. 

but I'm excited about the future... she is progressing....  call me delusional but I really think that:embarrassney:

Brit really needs to go all out in 2018 if she wants her career to go beyond the 2O year mark. She really needs a good strong era with 4-5 singles with radio deals. More promo focusing on B10, rather than talking about everything but the album like they did with glory. More televised performances. And most importantly a more lengthy promotional campaign.

I seen a post on here a while ago where it was suggested Brit should re-rexord 12 of her past tracks and release one every month of 2O18, this seems like a really smart idea and it will keep her in the charts for the majority of the year. 

Basically, 2O18ney needs to slay

1 minute ago, Denise said:

but I'm excited about the future... she is progressing....  call me delusional but I really think that:embarrassney:

I disagree but to each his own. 

I just hope Visuals can improve. They are a mess 

3 minutes ago, LANA B QUEEN said:

yeah next year will  music BOOMING   :jfallonlol: like in 2011 i remember in 2011 everybody were putting out  music it was a good year

Who do you guys like? Everyone is releasing music. I can't keep up.

Every major pop star is supposed to release this year 

9 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I disagree but to each his own. 

I just hope Visuals can improve. They are a mess 

Who do you guys like? Everyone is releasing music. I can't keep up.

Every major pop star is supposed to release this year 

well, im not a drake fan i think he is not a real rapper BUT i really like his latest work: passionfruit, teenage fewer, get together ( i think this is the right title lol) 

4 minutes ago, hardtoforgetya said:

Lots of new music has been released so you are either stuck in the Britney bubble or not active on huge music forums!

I know about Selena Gomez, Katty Perry and all the artists of my country, but I'm talking about JLO, Rihanna, Jay Z, Taylor :beyfedup:

Just now, Denise said:

I know about Selena Gomez, Katty Perry and all the artists of my country, but I'm talking about Rihanna, Jay Z, Taylor :beyfedup:

Tell me again why Jay Z he hasn't been huge in years and Taylor might release around christmas or next year.

Just now, LANA B QUEEN said:

well, im not a drake fan i think he is not a real rapper BUT i really like his latest work: passionfruit, teenage fewer, get together ( i think this is the right title lol) 

I mean who else are you waiting for to release?

Katy Perry, Taylor, Selena, Christina (probs won't happen), Halsey, Fifth Harmony, Lana, Rihanna 

Are all most likely going to release albums this year 

Archived