Is Britney Spears Performing At Next Year's 'Rock In Rio' Festival In Las Vegas?

Jordan Miller

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The queen of clorox and theft also lip sync! She screams a little, but that's it. The only difference is that Britney doesn't pretend to sing live. Rock in rio doesn't deserve her, honestly. I will never understand why bleach is so popular. I feel so embarrassed and uncomfortable just by looking at her. The world is so ****** up. 

1 hour ago, OutrageousMoi said:

I think he meant that she lipsyncs and a lot of people don't like that and won't approve it. So it would be better a solo show because if you want to go to see her lipsync, it's your choice. :sofedup:

Well she did RIR in 2001 and 2004 and lip synced, with the exception of Everytime.

When I initially commented on this I was thinking this was in consideration for the Brazil Rock in Rio celebration. I do not believe they'd sign Britney on to perform at the Las Vegas Rock In Rio for a few reasons:

1 They enforce exclusivity clauses in their contracts for headliners - Taylor Swift signed a two year contract with Rock in Rio Las Vegas saying that she would not tour a show in the Las Vegas area for two years...which is why the 1989 Tour was never properly brought to the city (I know this from a LiveNation employee). This is also evidenced by the other headliners from RNRLV - No Doubt, Metallica, and even Bruno Mars, who has previously had a contract with the Chelsea Theater and just signed on to the Park Theater, have not performed in the city since their RNRLV appearances. 

2 Britney is already in Las Vegas - what is the draw of having Britney perform in a glass field on the (ghetto) north-end of the Strip when fans can easily access her show, for a lower fee, two miles down the road? 

3 Rock in Rio Las Vegas was a flop - ticket sales were dismal, and even megastars like Taylor and Bruno couldn't save the pop weekend. Britney is not nearly enough of a headliner to increase ticket sales. My guess is that the festival would campaign for megastars like Beyonce (who has not hit Las Vegas since Mrs. Carter), Drake (recently sold out the T-Mobile arena), or Rihanna (two nights at Mandalay Bay for ANTI). 

could see the festival contracting with Britney as an ambassador to the festival - "welcoming" other performers to the city through social media and making a verbal appearance a la Whitney Houston Commemoration at the Hollywood Bowl, etc. 

oh please, not that "ilp-synced" **** again :sofedup:

she lip-synced at RIR back in the 2004, and everyone gave like zero ***** about that :donewithit: If GP wants Britney, then they want her. They don't come at RIR for live singing, they come for THE ENERGY and THE SHOW. It's not like an acoustic concert, it's A FESTIVAL. PEOPLE GO THERE TO RELAX AND TO SEE THE LEGEND LIVE
So psh :sofedup:

I posted this in the other Rio thread, but I'll post it here too:

do not believe they'd sign Britney on to perform at the Las Vegas Rock In Rio for a few reasons:

1 They enforce exclusivity clauses in their contracts for headliners - Taylor Swift signed a two year contract with Rock in Rio Las Vegas saying that she would not tour a show in the Las Vegas area for two years...which is why the 1989 Tour was never properly brought to the city (I know this from a LiveNation employee). This is also evidenced by the other headliners from RNRLV - No Doubt, Metallica, and even Bruno Mars, who has previously had a contract with the Chelsea Theater and just signed on to the Park Theater, have not performed in the city since their RNRLV appearances. 

2 Britney is already in Las Vegas - what is the draw of having Britney perform in a glass field on the (ghetto) north-end of the Strip when fans can easily access her show, for a lower fee, two miles down the road? 

3 Rock in Rio Las Vegas was a flop - ticket sales were dismal, and even megastars like Taylor and Bruno couldn't save the pop weekend. Britney is not nearly enough of a headliner to increase ticket sales. My guess is that the festival would campaign for megastars like Beyonce (who has not hit Las Vegas since Mrs. Carter), Drake (recently sold out the T-Mobile arena), or Rihanna (two nights at Mandalay Bay for ANTI). 

could see the festival contracting with Britney as an ambassador to the festival - "welcoming" other performers to the city through social media and making a verbal appearance a la Whitney Houston Commemoration at the Hollywood Bowl, etc. 

33 minutes ago, Brispea said:

IHeart16 says hello? :nobitch:  It was Vegas In Vegas too, so I can't see the problem here

22 minutes ago, Brispea said:

I posted this in the other Rio thread, but I'll post it here too:

do not believe they'd sign Britney on to perform at the Las Vegas Rock In Rio for a few reasons:

1 They enforce exclusivity clauses in their contracts for headliners - Taylor Swift signed a two year contract with Rock in Rio Las Vegas saying that she would not tour a show in the Las Vegas area for two years...which is why the 1989 Tour was never properly brought to the city (I know this from a LiveNation employee). This is also evidenced by the other headliners from RNRLV - No Doubt, Metallica, and even Bruno Mars, who has previously had a contract with the Chelsea Theater and just signed on to the Park Theater, have not performed in the city since their RNRLV appearances. 

We're talking about Rock in Rio BRAZIL, not Rock in Rio VEGAS. :rude2me:

Archived