Why does she seem to the most relevant, but the least.

Zeromaximus

This has probably been a conversation piece before, but I'm confused. 

Her name has been plastered everywhere the last few months...whether it's her appearances or gossip/entertainment shows but like her musical impact atm is nothing.  Like...everyone seems to enjoy her presence and are excited about her album, but there is no reflection of it...

The correlation is so strange

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, joey4228 said:

Does the younger generation even buy music nowadays tbh? I don't know anyone who actually still buys albums besides myself lol. Albums are dead in general.

drake, bey, adele and taylor swift are selling. it's all about quality and putting out great stuff. Glory came out before, promo-ney got back on track

Just now, ViciousVixen said:

drake, bey, adele and taylor swift are selling. it's all about quality and putting out great stuff. Glory came out before, promo-ney got back on track

That's the exception to the rule. If only a handful of artists are actually selling, it's indicative that things like album and even single sales are dead and no longer much of a measure of success like before

Well did we somehow forget her image during Femme Fatale and Britney Jean? And now we're expecting lipped POM promos which don't showcase the album to somehow help Glory after years of career and fanbase destruction?

She lost her audience and can't get their attention back now with her unimpressive promo performances. Nor can she get the young generation to follow her with this current image of hers. It's not a mystery at all. She can get the spotlight again, but she'd need to step out of her comfort zone.

Just now, Allmylife said:

That's the exception to the rule. If only a handful of artists are actually selling, it's indicative that things like album and even single sales are dead and no longer much of a measure of success like before

Britney could have still been in that handful. My point is that, her team hasn't been putting in much effort since circus. They really thought that she'd go gold without much promo this time around. :donewithit: but Britney's fans and the gp are so woke, we know what we want from her, we have put millions in her bank account, this era is showing her team that we aint fallen for weak promo and depressing performances anymore. i didn't expect this to turn into a mini-rant, gonna shut up now :messbye:

55 minutes ago, austsilva said:

The reason is because she isn't promoting glory. She's promoting make me (which is dead) and POM.

53 minutes ago, Allmylife said:

It's gonna take a lot more to get the new generation on board. Britney hasnt appealed to them yet because she was absent. A few months of promo isn't gonna erase that gap she has to bridge. If she keeps on like this I reckon she'll find more success with the album 

Basically :ehno:

25 minutes ago, ViciousVixen said:

Britney could have still been in that handful. My point is that, her team hasn't been putting in much effort since circus. They really thought that she'd go gold without much promo this time around. :donewithit: but Britney's fans and the gp are so woke, we know what we want from her, we have put millions in her bank account, this era is showing her team that we aint fallen for weak promo and depressing performances anymore. i didn't expect this to turn into a mini-rant, gonna shut up now :messbye:

It has nothing to do with her team really besides the fact that they didn't allow her to make music she wanted. Britney didn't promote her projects for 8 years and they did well but it also made the new generation not know about her. That's more Britneys fault than her teams 

55 minutes ago, Allmylife said:

It's gonna take a lot more to get the new generation on board. Britney hasnt appealed to them yet because she was absent. A few months of promo isn't gonna erase that gap she has to bridge. If she keeps on like this I reckon she'll find more success with the album 

She can't get the teenagers and the younger generation to like her. She's too past their time. The only artist that has stayed relevant and appealed to the next generation is Beyoncé and that's because she reinvents herself every couple of eras.

Just now, Allmylife said:

It has nothing to do with her team really besides the fact that they didn't allow her to make music she wanted. Britney didn't promote her projects for 8 years and they did well but it also made the new generation not know about her. That's more Britneys fault than her teams 

It is her team. Her projects only did well because the gp felt sorry for her, and her fanbase missed her. It's been almost ten years, honestly, I think the team(and Britney) took advantage of our support for her, which enabled her to become a lazier performer.  

Archived