Is Glory really a flop

Ariallah

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it has underperformed so far ... but I think Britney and team are well aware that due to the falling out with David they had to scrape together a video and cover art very quickly. They're well aware that the conflict compromised the product and they are trying their very best to salvage the situation. 

The team are focussed on the many positives of the era - this has been a great opportunity for Brit to get back to VMA's, perform at a higher standard on the world stage, and interview more comfortably than she has in years.

I believe Brit and team will be shooting to kill it with all aspects of single #2 in order breathe new life into the project. If they get it right, Glory will find its legs.

I think Brit and team have responded very well to what were obviously unforeseen circumstances - they've been incredibly positive and constructive. The fan base would do well to follow suit.

I thought the first week sales were pretty good despite some people freaking out that it wasn't number 1. Selling over 100k albums the first week is a really respectable number in my opinion. But then it plummeted really hard and has flopped ever since so IDK if I would call it a flop over all or not :verycool: 

The issue is Britney starts strong because she has a very dedicated fanbase. However because of the mess of previous eras it's clear even this is declining and they aren't buying everything she puts out anymore.

Which leads to the seriously negative evidence that the GP just don't buy into Britney. First week sales and peaks are always determined by an artist's core fan base, but records are then sustained for weeks/months by the GP. Britney never had amazing longevity, but for her new album to be soooo far down on the charts is grim. Especially when it is undeniable pop gold. There are albums that are months and years old charting higher. The fact a small number of the GP don't buy her records each week for gifts, or even curiosity, isn't great.

It's the same hole Xtina dug for herself. She distanced herself from her pop brand and came out with a few duds in her soundtrack and Bionic and now her music which is actually good and the Lotus album which was much better than Bionic weren't successful. Brit has a stronger core fan base so she's going to peak high enough early on, but without the GP her records aren't going to stay afloat long enough to make a splash.

Guest ErJ Spears

Yes it is a flop, but it's still an amazing album.. The first single just didn't work out.. and the video is trash.

Weak promo too. People are tired of these Vegas performances.

Archived