"Britney Spears is Madonna's successor"...

andreafly1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Andrea Beez said:

I think he was referring to the Femme Fatale era, which Britney said a couple of times that she could possibly retire. Glad she changed her mind (no seas cortes) later! :selenerz: 

Pardon?! :moorangu:

If you remove Madonna's desire to be controversial in the name of feminism and huge gay following, her and Taylor Swift are doing fame by almost the same playbook. 

Singer/songwriter

Musicianship (both can play instruments)

critical acclaim

Both know how to play the media and spin press

Use their platform to represent art and artists (Madonna for for self expression/Taylor Swift for compensation)

Both use feminism -Madonna in a more controversial broad way/Taylor in a more self serving way

Touring power 

Both are polarizing for different reasons.

The similarities are there I just think people associate Madonna so much with ***/shock value/controversy they forget her business acumen. Both Taylor Swift and Beyonce are taking stuff straight from Madonna's playbook, but Taylor still has room to grow and will grow more as an artist 

53 minutes ago, A.D. said:

Exactly, I can't at certain people even suggesting Basic Swift as the next icon...her surfboard *** can continue to take several seats on Hollywood dicks because there's nothing remotely unique about a pretentious white chick :trash:

Funny because Madonna faced some of those same critiques in her career. Talentless, basic, oversexed, and pretentious. The same way people said she was over and would never be a "thing" after her first single. Then said the same after the *** book and Erotica. She was a smart, calculating business woman and that's why she's lasted. Taylor is a smart business woman as well she just sells her band through being relatable and Madonna sold her brand through controversy. 

16 hours ago, Cookie Lyon said:

i swear this fanbase does not know **** about pop music

y'all are reaching. Janet Jackson birthed Britney and Tinashe, y'all should know better

THIS!

I always saw Britney more influenced by Janet especially her dance style during 2001-2003.
I can't at people thinking Madonna was the **** in the 90s... she was only really big in the 80s, but JANET AND MARIAH OWNED THE 90s.

45 minutes ago, BrendaWalsh said:

THIS!

I always saw Britney more influenced by Janet especially her dance style during 2001-2003.
I can't at people thinking Madonna was the **** in the 90s... she was only really big in the 80s, but JANET AND MARIAH OWNED THE 90s.

Then "Ray Of Light" and "Music" albums happened, destroying careers left and right. :moorangu:

12 minutes ago, ebritneybeat said:

Britney is Britney,Madonna is Madonna,Prince is Prince,MJ is MJ etc.They are all legends in their own way,they defined pop music and had a huge cultural pop impact.There is a place for every unique artist.No need for silly comparisons.

this ... Britney don't have to be anyones successor. she's on her own career-path and doing pretty good for herself :carpoolney:

On 02/10/2016 at 3:28 AM, Andrea Beez said:

Then "Ray Of Light" and "Music" albums happened, destroying careers left and right. :moorangu:

LOL ew no. Do not try to make it out like Ray of Light was huge coz it wasn't! Literally can't even remember any other song off that album besides ray of light and frozen... and Music was relased in 2000 so that doesn't count sozz about it!

Archived