Watch Britney Spears Perform At The iHeartRadio Music Festival

Jordan Miller

2 hours ago, Scrappy said:

I told myself before yesterday's performance that it was probably going to be something I've seen before - more Vegas promo - maybe a decent outfit.

It was amazing and surprising to see her looking so good. The outfit was killer. But that joy quickly faded when the tired ol' Vegas medley was rolled out.  I caught myself groaning with the poor saps I had wrangled to watch the performance with me.  It's genuinely embarrassing at this point when the fav you stan for wants to do watered down versions of her hits.

Where is the Joy of Pepsi, girl? Where is the VMA headliner? Where is the Britney that danced with a boa? 

Are there really no choreographers that can bring back that DWAD performer back for one measly show? Is it really that hard for her to do one fully innovative choreographed routine that doesn't involve: 1) clasp hands together at wrists and raise above head, 2) separate hands in a slowly dropping arc as dancers all fall down, 3) spin around, strut up stage, skip back down stage, 4) hair flip - vertical and horizontal, or any of the countless recycled moves we see in every single ******* "choreographed" piece?

Hope is a horrible thing, and I think hope is the only thing keeping me from handing over my stan card. But I think it's time to say this: if I see one more goddamned "live show" with Vegasney dressed different but doing the same tired old "routines", it will be time to find a new fav. If Britney is happy being mediocre and still not singing live - though her routines are easy enough for her to do so - then there's really no more excuses that can be made. 

Turn it in negative unrealistic bandwagon fan 

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, seanl3s said:

her only job at the moment is to promote POM and she will continue to do so until it's over. It makes sense, it's how she gets paid. She is contracted.

Easy though, add more Glory songs into the setlist. BOOM, Vegas promo and Glory promo.

Why the hell is she still performing Freakshow, Do Somethin', Breathe On Me, Touch of My Hand, etc. ?

Those songs aren't part of her greatest hits, she could easily swap them out for numbers like Slumber Party, Love Me Down, Private Show, Liar, etc.

Is her team stupid?

3 minutes ago, westshouse said:

i hope her contract doesn't say shes only allowed to perform songs that in the set cause then she should've waited to release glory if we are only going to get one live performance from the album. like she's the only person that isn't promoting their album 

Glory is basically what Britney Jean should have been. BJ sole purpose was to promote POM and unfortunately it didn't so Glory is setting out to do what BJ didn't, it's not a standalone album, everything Britney Spears is doing or releasing at the moment is tied in with POM, people need to recognise that.

3 minutes ago, radar89 said:

Where is Make Me now? :receiptswheretho::leaving: Don't get me started DYWCO which she has performed several times already now :arianabye:

That isn't the point though, her properly promoting the song showed the potential it had to become a bigger smash. Imagine if she went on Kimmel, Fallon, etc. and performed Make Me with the original music video being released?

And she's performed Come Over twice. Last night and on the TODAY show. It's not even the second single so suck that **** up and stop reaching for the sky. :comingthru:

2 minutes ago, seanl3s said:

Glory is basically what Britney Jean should have been. BJ sole purpose was to promote POM and unfortunately it didn't so Glory is setting out to do what BJ didn't, it's not a standalone album, everything Britney Spears is doing or releasing at the moment is tied in with POM, people need to recognise that.

It's like working at mcdonalds with a burger t-shirt on, you just wouldn't do it.

so because BJ underperformed, the fans have to deal with POM setlists and choreo until it is over? Someone get Larry on the phone :wannadie:

I remember watching the BBMA's and getting that chill up my spine as I watched. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. I was totally not crying... :otears:

Last night I never had that feeling after she got on stage. I had seen it all before. Maybe because I've watched her Vegas performances online? Is that like sneaking a peak at your Christmas present before the big day?

I love how happy she looks now and want the best for her. I think with her being on a "Vegas Tour" we are going to continue to get the Vegas Tour routines when she performs outside that venue.

Just like when she performed on GMA, it was basically the Circus Tour and Femme Fatale routines. 

1 hour ago, ToxicVibes said:

It’s odd because Britney is performing much better than she has in years, compare iHeart festival to the GMA 2011 perfomances.

She's outperforming her recent self and most of the other female popstars out there...

i I can't see Halsey Selena Ariana Megham etc etc command the stage for 30 mins the way she does. And I'm not gonna try to compare her to Adele and others because they are opposite types of performers (visual vs vocal) 

10 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Easy though, add more Glory songs into the setlist. BOOM, Vegas promo and Glory promo.

Why the hell is she still performing Freakshow, Do Somethin', Breathe On Me, Touch of My Hand, etc. ?

Those songs aren't part of her greatest hits, she could easily swap them out for numbers like Slumber Party, Love Me Down, Private Show, Liar, etc.

Is her team stupid?

This! The 'she has to promote vegas' thing doesn't cut it. A lot of songs she performs in Vegas are performed because she likes them, they were never hits or singles and a lot of people who attend the shows probably don't even know them. She could easily replace them with songs from Glory like you said and voilá.

Even tho I don't support Larry or this choreographers that are ******* LAME and should GO. I do kinda agree with you.

at the time I always complained and was done with Britney really, now i'm happy she's coming back at some point... and ironically, now these britards start to have meltdowns lmao. 

Yes she can do better, but can she to begin with? She seems pretty controlled over all not gonna lie.

45 minutes ago, seanl3s said:

what can she do to push herself and compete? give me some actions, some verbs, what would you like to see her physically do? what would satisfy you, you know she won't sing live it's been 15 years.

Okay. So if she's not going to sing live, bring a phenomenal production. Give some kind of atmosphere. Get some amazing light cues that compliment the music. Get better costuming for herself and dancers. Bring the drama, get out of Vegas go to NY and take in a couple of shows on and off Broadway to get inspired. Then take that inspiration and tailor it to fit Britney. 

Like most fans, I have not seen her in Vegas and didn't watch every POM Residency performance video uploaded to the internet.

When Britney walked on her dancers back during Womanizer and they lifted her up in the air like a cross, that was badass.
The Toxic intro where she pushed the dancers down on the ground and left one guy standing was ****.

Britneys choreography could be better, but thats not a problem. Britneys problem is and has always been the complete absence of live vocals during her performances.

And you guys? Well, your problem is that you've been watching the same show for the past 3 years. Most Britney fans have not seen this show and are able to enjoy it.

But you guys have watched this show to the point where you notice that she doesn't put her hands on the ground during the "Slave 4 You" routine and get disappointed in the entire performance when she doesn't do it.

We all may be stans, but some of you need to step away for a bit.

Archived