Do you think she can still fill arena's in a world tour?

larac

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it would be easy to fill arenas in SOME european countries that she's only been several times or never been to.
bcuz people are thirsty for britney in those countries and someone like britney, considered legend, would be huge news. so people would want to see her while they can since she wouldnt come back to that country again for a long time.
also she would definetly have  sold out dates in SA or maybe in Asia.

but in some big countries like UK or australia, she might have a hard time to fill the arenas.

Honestly I'm gonna spill the tea here a bit

Britney has never been a remarkably large touring artist, in fact Onyx Hotel Tour was having at times 60% sell out rates.

Her largest tour ever and the one that had the highest production and really changed that was Circus. Femme Fatale went back down a notch on that, though she hardly promoted that tour tbh.

She could do a tour again but Britney needs a large era, with a lot of label money pumped into it to be able to do so. Glory having little attention isn't the right era to do it.

43 minutes ago, 3Pney said:

it would be easy to fill arenas in SOME european countries that she's only been several times or never been to.
bcuz people are thirsty for britney in those countries and someone like britney, considered legend, would be huge news. so people would want to see her while they can since she wouldnt come back to that country again for a long time.
also she would definetly have  sold out dates in SA or maybe in Asia.

but in some big countries like UK or australia, she might have a hard time to fill the arenas.

Actually I feel like the UK would be a great spot for her, she has a presence there again. the Apple Music commercial was an extremely effective means of promotion, and the Apple Music Fest in the Roundhouse is one of London's biggest concert and entertainment spots overall. It's really a big Britney country too, despite her never having a #1 album.

France, Italy, Czech Republic, and Spain would be good for Britney...Germany and Eastern European countries would be bad. Asian countries she'd sell like hotcakes, South Korea and Japan love ha. Australia would be a struggle.

And then obviously she'd sell out all over Latin America.

I've only read the first couple of responses, but why do you think that she has to sell out ARENAS? :idkney:

She's been living under a rock for so long, trying not to be center of attention. If she wants to tour, she would probably choose smaller stages with fewer seats. It would be something intimate. :feelingmyself: And there's huge interest, she might just add additional dates... and her following tour again on huge arenas. 

:embarrassney: No, seriously, I don't ******* know. I thought I would never see her live on stage for the VMAs ever again, but she did it. Everything's possible with Britney :rihclap: She could decide to retire tomorrow, or to become a huge celeb once again, a center of media and GP attention. We'll have to wait and see :mjpopcorn:

5 hours ago, zone said:

really? Im sure about Demi but Selena sell less ? im really bad with numbers

its actually the other way around. Selena sells more than demi

6 hours ago, Mani911 said:

but Britney had lots of empty seats during FF era which was 5 years ago and which promoted her #1 album :howiroll: 

not very show is going to be sold out. She had a lot of sold out concerts in femme fatale

12 hours ago, xBritneyFan19x said:

Do the GP think Britney puts on a good show like Madonna? Madonna puts on incredible performances like this when she tours. Look at the energy, the audience interaction, the live singing, the production.

The FF tour tarnished Britney's reputation as a touring performer pretty badly with poor, low-energy dancing, no live singing and little audience interaction. The lipsyncing alone is enough to put a huge proportion of people off from ever going to see her tour.

I think everyone knows that Madonna puts on better shows than Britney, but Britney is one of those entertainers where people still know they're going to a big pop show and will be entertained. People know she lips and doesn't dance like she used to but Britney is a legend in her own right, especially for our generation, and people are still interested in seeing her live - that's why Vegas is still selling decently in it's 3rd year - a lot of people are actually traveling to see her.

PS. The GP doesn't know about FF Tour... they don't watch her YouTube clips or buy the DVD like the fans do. A lot of people are still traveling to Vegas just to see her which started only 2 years after FF Tour.

11 hours ago, RussianFan said:

BJ did even worse for that point of the music market yet she did just great in Vegas. 

There's a few factors for Vegas that are different though.

1 - The show isn't centered around an album. There were only 2 songs from BJ in the show - most of it was her hits that the GP loves and grew up with. That's what they came to see.

2 - The Vegas theater is small and only seats a few thousand. It's much different selling a small theater well and selling big arenas that hold 20,000 people well.

15 hours ago, PRIVATE.SHOW said:

No offence but she can't even fill the 4000-seat theatre in Vegas, let alone an arena in some other place :uknowit:

The problem with Vegas is that not everyone can fly to the city. I would love go but I have no money. But if she comes, for example, to my country, a lot of fans would travel from other provinces or cities. When she came here with the FFT it wasnt sold out but it was +%80 full and it was a big stadium.

So, if she want it, she can do it. But she really needs to stop being so ******* lazy. I'm not even asking a %100 live show because it's impossible, but at least she needs to use pre-recorded vocals + singing with backtrack and singing live the ballads. No one would pay a concert ticket to see her doing playback. Not anymore. The GP is literally done with her not sync playback.

I think that, for filling arenas, she should start with a mini tour. Such as 10 dates around the world. That would be huge. And they should be promoted everywhere. Would raise the attention on her for me. But the most important thing is that this lil tour gotta be SOLD OUT. 

They should see the feedback that these concerts raise and eventually start a new tour.

Something like M+Ms tour.

-she needs to cut the **** and start pre-recording vocals and go back to singing one or two ballads live, like just luv me - totally possible and a great song

-she needs to put out great music with amazing music videos, make me video isn't cutting it

-she needs to amp up her production

-they need to fix her visuals all around

-she needs an image. it seems like now, her image is vegas showgirl. it's lame. like think about ITZ and even Blackout. She really worked her *** off for ITZ- dressed older and classier but still cool, sang live, danced brilliantly... they don't need to make britney something she isn't but like those extensions of hers - not cool. I liked the Apple Music commercial. That whole look was very quintessentially Britney and she looked awesome, but ofc no one saw it. 

-She needs to show off her performing skills on like a huge platform, like the SuperBowl, and everything has to be planned and rehearsed - none of that Britney making things up as she goes (hi VMAs 2016) crap... she did so great but I couldn't believe it when she said that.. 

She needs to make people think she's worth seeing again.

12 hours ago, xBritneyFan19x said:

People in glass houses should not throw stones. Beyonce's tour sold out 100% everywhere, and with only 40 shows it managed to gross over $210m. Its average attendance, ~46k people per show, is only rivalled by Madonna's Sticky and Sweet tour in 2008/9 (~41k per show average). To compare, TCSBS had nearly 2.5x the amount of shows as The Formation Tour and grossed $80m less, and FF had double the number of shows and only made only a third of what Formation made.

The fact that you're trying to compare her tour power to Madonna's is hilarious, too. Madonna's last four tours grossed $195m, $408m, $305m and $170m with average attendance of 20k, 42k, 25k and 13k respectively. Britney's comeback tour grossed $130m with an average attendance of 13k and her most recent tour grossed $69m with an average attendance of 9k. Madonna is the most successful female touring artist of all time, while Britney never really been a big touring artist outside of Circus. In fact, if you look at other contemporary pop artists, most have had more touring success in the past few years than Britney has ever had. Doing some quick searches, Beyonce's Formation, Katy Perry's Prismatic, Taylor Swift's 1989, Rihanna's Diamonds, and P!nk's The Truth About Love tour were all more successful than TCSBS, both in gross and in average attendance.

Genuinely shocked that so many people pay to see Katy Perry omg

Also didn't realize Rihanna's tours did so well

What about DWAD?

Yes I believe that she can, with the right marketing strategy of course!

If Madonna can do it, Britney will probably manage to do so. Madonna is a household name too & that she's still going strong with touring worldwide. Her last massive album internationally was "Confession on a Dance Floor" dated back in 2005. The most successful Single internationally was possibly "4 Minutes" feat. Justin Timberlake back in 2008. Then again, it's Madonna we are talking about!

Britney has MASSIVE catalogues to perform as well and quite recent. However, she will need to sing them live! The constant backslash with this is not improving & certainly not doing her brand any good, internationally.

Being a stand that I am since "...Baby One More Time", I'm trying very hard to ignore the whole lipping issue. Imagine her lipping to all her catalogues at the age of 40y.o. or perhaps 50y.o.? I don't think there will be any people left wanting to support her by then, even the diehard fan like me.

Killer abs, body, face & dancing won't last, irregardless how epic the production is... She needs to change of tactic. Glory is the beginning of her gaining the confidence back and she's showcasing her actual voice. The next baby step will be singing live, one song at a time...

I know she's a perfectionist, but something has to give!

:sobbing:

p/s: I STILL love you Britney!

:bigkiss:

Archived